How many Focus ST owners on here

Soldato
Ahh i assumed as you said you had to wait 9 weeks it was a new car.

not sure how a used car takes 9 weeks to get to you. Dealer has the wrong car. Only real way to rectify is to get them to replace the car.

Such a ridiculous system as all cars come with the hardware just not the software/licence to run it.

Soldato
Oil filter housing died yesterday. New one ordered, will start tearing the car down this week.

What are the symptoms of that? Is it more prone to dying on modded ST's with more bhp? Is it true you can destroy the engine when this goes if you don't drive it off boost?

Soldato
What are the symptoms of that? Is it more prone to dying on modded ST's with more bhp? Is it true you can destroy the engine when this goes if you don't drive it off boost?

Whistling noise, which goes away when you undo the oil cap or dipstick, slight vacuum on both of them as well.

If you drive on boost it will force oil through the camshaft oil seals so they'll need replacing. Happened on mine, only has a small weep of oil though, ran mine with damaged seals for over a year with no problem.

Soldato
Thought I'd put this here (hope that's allowed?)

https://www.gumtree.com/p/wheel-rim...ad-left-4mm-no-cracks-or-punctures/1186721086

Came off my ST Mk3, only removed because the previous owner had mixed up the tyre brands. Nothing wrong with it at all. Great spare.

Probably only of interest to anyone in Suffolk / Cambridgeshire area due to postage.

But if anyone is interested, could work out postage / courier if need be

Soldato
Whistling noise, which goes away when you undo the oil cap or dipstick, slight vacuum on both of them as well.

If you drive on boost it will force oil through the camshaft oil seals so they'll need replacing. Happened on mine, only has a small weep of oil though, ran mine with damaged seals for over a year with no problem.

Lucky for me I was driving steady around town when I heard it go so limped it home. Ordered a breather hose just in case as I hear they go brittle and break for fun when doing the change.

Soldato
I'm sure you'll have no issues if you caught it early, mine went on my way to Manchester to get some Krispy Kremes!! Had to limp it back home mega slow with the dipstick out a bit pretty much driving on the clutch. New housing and breather, all good.

I think the parts were about £190 from A and K Motorsport.

Associate
Over the past couple of days I’ve noticed a hot sweet burning smell in the cabin after the engine gets up to temperature.

I had a look around the car last night and noticed that the heater matrix has decided to start dumping large amounts engine coolant into the cabin. Great :rolleyes:

It looks very similar to this video (mine only started to make noises when I put the heater on the Max/HI).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOgc1beNtu8

I topped up the coolant and took it into the ford dealership first thing this morning who were very unhelpful at trying to sort it.

They refused to look at the car until it was booked into their system, fine. I asked them if they could book it in, he looked at his screen and said “I don’t think I can do that”. WTF…. :confused:
After faffing around I eventually got someone who could help me and within a couple of minutes had all the paper work printed out and signed.

/rant

Soldato
Picked up my brand new focus ST3 yesterday
I will try take some pictures tomorrow or sometime over the bank holiday weekend and post them on here..
Am Guessing the value of my less then a month old Focus ST-3 has just dropped by a massive amount as they just gone and knocked £5,730 off the price of the new focus RS ...:(

Last edited:
Associate
Gah, thats less than we paid for our ST-3 estate 10 months ago, even after discounts and deals :eek:

I find it odd that they have dropped the price. What, can't they sell enough of them? I was at the dealers today getting a service and was asking about the Mustang and RS (for Sync3) and both had 8+ month order so I don't understand :confused:

Associate
Guessing this is a Guernsey only deal? Nearly £6k off list is mad for an RS, not sure if it's a misprice.

Is there anything stopping people from buying then ferrying it to UK mainland?

edit: also liable for 20% tax if imported into the UK, great deal for residents of Guernsey though.

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom