** The iOS10 thread **

Associate
Will d/l later. Arrived on my phone 17:56

iOS 10 is the biggest release of iOS ever. A massive update to Messages brings the power of the App Store to your conversations and makes messaging more personal than ever. Find your route with beautifully redesigned Maps. Relive memories like never before in Photos. Use the power of Siri in more apps than ever. A new Home app to make controlling your home even easier. And all-new Music and News.
iOS 10 introduces new features and improvements including:
Messages lets you express yourself in new ways and access your favourite apps from within your conversations
Siri now works with apps from the App Store to send messages, make phone calls and more
Maps comes with an all-new look and extensions to make reservations and book a ride
Photos is all new with intelligent search making it easier to find people, places and more, as well as new and beautiful ways to rediscover your memories
Home is a new app that lets you simply and securely manage your home automation products in one place
Apple Music has an all-new design, bringing greater clarity and simplicity to every aspect of the experience
Apple News has an all-new design adding bold typography, vibrant colour and distinct sections that make it easier to find stories on specific topics
Accessing the information you need is easier and quicker with a redesigned Lock screen and deeper 3D Touch integration
QuickType keyboard adds new emoji, multilingual typing, and contextual predictions that leverage deep neural network technology
Suggested events and contact details are added to apps based on information found in Mail

Last edited:
Associate
Bricked my iPhone 6S now in recovery mode. Having to use iTunes on my Mac to restore it.

Upgrade was successful on my iPad Air 2 though...

Caporegime
I don't get the point of iMessage anymore. There's no use to it when you can't use the features unless you know you've got an iPhone/iPad/iPod user on the other end. All my Android family went on to Facebook messenger and so I had to be dragged along. Why doesn't Apple make an android version?

Associate
Installed fine on my iPhone 6, but on my iPad its screwed up and is doing a factory restore, not happy!

When you plugged it into iTunes it should have given you the option to continue with the update and not have to factory restore. At least it did on my iPhone 6S on my Macbook with latest iTunes installed.

Back
Top Bottom