Poll: ** The iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Thread **

Which colour iPhone 7 or 7 Plus are you going for?

• Jet Black (gloss)

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • Black

Votes: 207 31.8%
  • Silver

Votes: 30 4.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 11 1.7%
  • Rose Gold

Votes: 7 1.1%
  • I wanted one, but the lack of headphone jack is a deal breaker

Votes: 76 11.7%
  • I'm not buying one

Votes: 236 36.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
Soooo tempted to ditch the Jet Black and change it to the normal black... mostly because i'm phoneless at the moment and the difference in wait time is 2-3 weeks vs November.

Hmmm do I or don't I :o

Associate
Well this is something I never thought I'd be saying but I think it's bye bye Android and hello iPhone 7 Plus.
It's been a long time since I had one of the very first iPhones and a lot has changed. I've been looking at the 7 Plus and have fallen in love with it, the only bit I don't like is the price but I guess you get what you pay for.

The other problem is all my iPhone using friends will be paying me back for all the stick I've given them over the last couple of years :D:D

Soldato
it's the reality distortion field :)

In fairness I draw the line there, I see a lot of bluetooth headphones and there's much better out there, more stylish, better fitting etc etc.

Yeah, I expect I'd buy them and then be annoyed after about 5 minutes how rubbish and tinny they sound.

If I could get some wireless headphones which mach the quality I get from my Sennheiser SP25 IIs I'd consider investing

Soldato
At almost £300 you weren't joking! Do you own them? I guess if you have SP25s and prefer these they must be an upgrade? I just love how sturdy my SP25s are. They've been through a lot of wars and still going strong all these years later

Soldato
lot of money to drop on a phone, considering the 6 is almost the same phone.

Compared to an iPhone 6, the same phone I own I'm gaining.

Much faster CPU/GPU
Much better front/back camera
Live Photos
2nd gen TouchID
Faster wireless/LTE with more LTE bands
2GB of RAM compared to 1GB
Stereo Speakers
Wide colour gamut screen

I'm sure I've missed some stuff, but it's hardly 'almost the same phone'

If I had a 6S I'd probably not upgrade, but it's a fairly big update over an iPhone 6.

Soldato
On price gouging, I was exaggerating to make a point. However I do feel their stuff is approaching crazy levels. £819 for a phone is rather amazing don't you think?

Why?

It's a computer. An incredibly complex, miniature computer you can carry in your pocket. No one would blink at spending £819 on a high-end laptop but they moan about a phone that costs the same.

Last edited:
Commissario
People always confuse "it looks the same" with "it's just the same phone". I was asked when I went from the 6plus to the 6Splus why I'd got a new phone when it was exactly the same as the old one. I have no doubt the same will happen next week.
I'm quite happy that the 7 is the same size as the 6s because it'll fit in my very snug car bracket.
I don't understand why so many people think the form factor should change with every single release.

/edit - both phone and watch now say preparing for dispatch and 'delivers 16/09'

Back
Top Bottom