Soldato
So to anyone who's interested/thinking of doing the same, here are my (current, subject to change!!) plans for the week before we all invade Kreee's place :D

20th August - leave UK on eurotunnel, early (ish) 8am crossing.
dVvAZNv.jpg

Day 1 to B500, Black Forest

A long day, 8 hours of riding and many, many fuel stops! Nearly 500 miles, so I'll probably find a cheapish hotel somewhere along the B500 to stay.

Next day, B500 to the Dolomites:
wf5Iiby.jpg

Day 2 B500 to Dolomites

Again, a longish day, but that then is the boring/long and hard days done.

I will be aiming to stay at a campsite in the dolomites for 3 nights, giving 2 full days to explore the dolomites in a nice relaxed way.

Then, a quick (or long and twisty!) hop across to lake como, to find a campsite right on the lake, and if it's nice weather - stay there for 2 nights, giving me a full day off the bike to do some touristy stuff/swimming etc.

That takes us to Saturday morning where I'll take a leisurely ride over to Kreeee's to arrive Saturday evening. Or if the weather is awesome at lake Como, stay there another day, or even stay at the domolites another day, to get to Kreeee's on the Sunday evening.

Once Kreeeee's guided tour 5 days is over, I'll head home on the Saturday, either straight through to Calais if I'm feeling fresh, or (more likely) with a cheap F1 hotel stop midway through France around Reims for an afternoon eurotunnel home on the Sunday.

Soldato
If you arrive on Saturday evening I can plan an extra day's run on Sunday.

Yeah you've already thought of that with the Jura mountains ride as an extra I thought?

I was looking today and the earliest you can book channel tunnel crossings are 9 months in advance, so I can't book anything until December! :eek:

Man of Honour
I'd love to come along, but my 125 will struggle with highway speeds I think! Need to get myself into gear and pass my mod1 and mod2 tests!

Having ridden a YBR for 6 months I'm not even sure it would manage any quicker than a brisk walking pace up at altitude! but yes, you do. Best thing you'll ever do :D

As a side note if you're riding on a CBT it's not valid outside of the UK anyway.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for your replies tom_e and Kreeeee,

I had a big plan to do the Pyrenees by the end of this month, but I still haven't passed my mod 1 and mod 2 and got myself a 650cc (what I'm aiming for). The worst part is, I can ride, but nerves always get the better of me in test conditions!

Soldato
TBH the alpine passes will be the least of your worries on a 125cc, just getting there and back would be a hell of a mission!!

And as above, you can't ride abroad on a CBT.

Soldato
Yep, CBT only allows me to ride on UK roads! My backup plan was to go down to Cornwall on my 125 - but that in itself is a hell of a mission. I rode 100 miles when I picked up my bike in the rain and wind and it was scary at first, but I soon got in to the flow of things.

If I can get my mod1 booked for the next few weeks (before the weather starts becoming a big problem) I should be able to pass the mod 2 (I've had a lot of training on an ER6N now) and be able to go to Alps in 2017 - hell it's a good enough incentive :)

Soldato
I passed my test 2 years ago as of the 14th October, so you've easy got another month or 2 left of semi decent riding weather!

To date I've done 2 days and 800 miles through wales, 3 days and just under 700 miles miles over 3 days from Kent to Poole, then dartmoor/exmoor and back, and of course my 5 day, 1200 mile euro trip through France, Belgium, Luxembourg and Germany :D

Next year, depending on money I may do a week/10 days in southern Spain (Granada area) in March/April, or a week in May/June somewhere, and of course the big 2 week Alps trip :D

Last edited:

dsb

dsb

Associate
Ok so had to make a decision today, i have changed my ferry dates, i now get in Spain on the 20th so a full 7 days touring before getting to Kreees pad. More days so can enjoy the miles a bit more.

Back
Top Bottom