**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Associate
The Honor 8 got delivered today.

Bagged one of those myself over the weekend... really nice bit of kit, and the dual-SIM function incredibly useful for me for mixed home/work shenanigans.

As you say, get Nova on there and it's improved a lot, although I didn't actually find EMUI as terrible as it's made out to be, having had to use iPhones for work until recently (and myself, for a while).

Associate
New tech is ALWAYS around no corner. No point always waiting when the current tech serves you fine.

Absolutely. So how do I actually go about buying a Redmi Not 3 Pro? I've seen a couple of online retailers selling them, but not sure if I need the "Global version" (sometimes seen as "Internation version")? Presumably I can just buy any version and flash an international rom if needed?

Soldato
The guys will h honor 8's. how you finding them ? The blue looks fantastic.

It's awesome so much better than the Honor 7 which wasn't a slouch either. I love the build quality and it's blazing fast.

I didn't go for the blue which is stunning played it safe with the black instead which looks great too.

Sometimes it's gunmetal grey in fhe light and sometimes it's black. It's a looker if you can say that about a phone.

Highly recommended even at the new price point of £369.

Associate
The guys will h honor 8's. how you finding them ? The blue looks fantastic.

The blue is quite fetching... looks fantastic when waved around to show reflections, until it gets slapped in a case because we all know what happens when a glass-backed phone is dropped!

Damn thing is nigh on as quick as my main Nexus 6P as well... some infuriating stuff in how EMUI works as opposed to vanilla Android, but nothing I can't live with and work round.

Fingerprint reader is excellent, swipe functionality above the N6P could be useful once I've had a chance to mess with it.

Running EE and Three SIMs in there now, and it's spot on signal-wise.

Great phone overall, with slight niggles. Would buy again+++ etc.

Soldato
Literally got enough in my account to buy it but only have 100 or so left. Bit risky :p but I'm so tempted. I loved the honor 7. Even though I only owned it a couple of weeks. What's the battery life like ?

Soldato
Literally got enough in my account to buy it but only have 100 or so left. Bit risky :p but I'm so tempted. I loved the honor 7. Even though I only owned it a couple of weeks. What's the battery life like ?

Oh no! When do you get paid Mate? You can wait until?
The Honor 7 was and still is a great phone but the 8 improves upon it in every single way. Even EMUI is less aggressive in terms of the notifications that it pushes out. It's much better now.

Battery life is on par with the Honor 7 the best thing about it though is that you can drop the resolution down to 720p and make the battery go further as a result.

I'm easily getting 5 hours+ SOT and that's with heavy use.

Soldato
Ahhhhh... I don't get paid til the end of the month. :( so I guess it's not that long. But I've got two weekends in town so that won't be cheap.

I loved emui. 5 hours SoT is good. No worse than I was getting on previous android phones. Got an SE at the moment and it easily lasts the day of heavy usage.

Amazon.de have the blue in stock with fast shipping I can have it by Friday. :D

Soldato
Smashed my screen on my note 3,any one replaced a screen? Looks like a pita.

Could this be phone 3 in less than a year :(

Did the same on my Le 1s at the weekend. Cracking 30th birthday party at thee neighbours but think i did it on the patio or in the house when back having a dram and chiminea session.

It's been dropped a number of times, but the clear hard back//sides case has always done the job. Seems one corner of it wasn't quite above the screen level and this is where she landed.

Still useable as it's mostly one corner, bit i think the announcement of the leEco pro 3 tomorrow caused the screen to crack itself prior to said announcement :p

Soldato
I've still got my HTC M7 on a GiffGaff sim only deal - it's becoming really slow! I want to upgrade but not pay silly money. What are peoples thoughts on the Lenovo Vibe P1 to be had for £115?

Back
Top Bottom