Need help with new build - (been a while)

Associate
OP
Ah ok, more thinking from a sound level. If I remember correctly in my last computer the CPU fan was the loudest thing in it. As this computer is going to be used in the bedroom as a Netflix/movie watching machine, I'm trying to ensure it is silent.

Associate
The cooler you've chosen should be silent when watching movies tbh, the fans will go as low as 500RPM when the CPU isn't stressed and will only crank up to 1500RPM when gaming. Think the general consensus is 800RPM or less is pretty close to silent

Associate
It would be loud at 1500RPM, but it shouldn't need to go that high and wouldn't spool up past 500RPM for general browsing / movie watching. Not used one of these coolers myself as I've gone the custom watercooling route, but quite a few guys on here have recommended them in the past so I'm sure someone should be able to give you a better idea of how loud they get :)

Edit: Just read the reviews on OcUK and it seems to keep overclocked CPU's very cool, so shouldn't need to go anywhere near the full 1500RPM when running stock speeds

Last edited:
Associate
OP
So, made a few changes main due to really liking the Fractal case. Before I pull the trigger can someone please confirm this will all work with a 1080 (future in SLI) and allow me to add more SSD in the future.

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £1,040.95
(includes shipping: £14.10)

Associate
No problem :)

Yeah any newish release should be good tbh, it's just they ship with very outdated firmware that can cause issues, so always good to update it before you start.

Back
Top Bottom