New five pound note

Associate
So if I hack your details from a company you've bought something from and use that to access and drain your account, your anti-fraud measures prevent this?

No, but you're not liable for that, the company and your bank are. You'll have some hassle getting it back, but the bank want hold you liable for all your money being nicked, because then no-one would bank with them. They want people to use cards and spend money online, because as you have stated, they make more money that way, so it's in their interests to ensure you are secure.

Soldato
as someone who is a futurist, and tends to be a good 5 years ahead of the curve I am not a fan of physical money. That said, I have reluctantly mellowed in my old age and understand that the majority still require coins and paper currency to function. Based on that, I quite like it for what it is.

Give me untraceable payments and I'll be right with you. Unless it's anonymous then it's not functionally equivalent to cash.

Caporegime
I anyways carry emergency cash on my keys.
Cash is still good for collection items and emergencies

None of my cards work with Android pay unfortunately but contactless is very quick

Back
Top Bottom