• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Fury Pro Fiji Owners Thread

los

los

Associate
I just went all the way up in TriXX, which I believe is +75mV. I think there's a way to unlock all the way up to +200mV through editing files, but I never tried that. Some people report good success with undervolting too, but I got a hard lock instantly even with -12mV at 1050MHz. I'm not sure about max safe temperatures, but mine never went above the low 70s even when overclocked and overvolted, and still remained extremely quiet. I did have to set a custom fan curve though, as WattMan insists on interfering with default fan curves via its target temperature number. I've seen reviewers complaining about it in RX 480 reviews too.

Thats great, thanks for the reply :)

Permabanned
My Nitro did 1120/550 on stock voltage and 1150/550 with voltage and power limit maxed in TriXX, although I never actually tried to push it beyond that before I sold it. Of course, maybe that was an exceptional chip (no extra shaders to unlock though, sadly).

From what I can gather, the Nitro is the best overclocker of any of the Fury cards. It did release six months after the others, so maybe benefitted from some maturation somewhere, or perhaps simply a better design. It has a custom PCB, whereas the Tri-X is a reference board.
What voltage did you have to add? Also what were your max temps? Also do you know the max safe temps? I know my airflow isn't great as have rads just wanted a comparison really
Cheers

I have the original overclocked tri-x model that comes with 1040 mhz on the core, With +60 on the voltage I can bench firestrike cleanly (no artifacting) at 1150 mhz but for running games it's 1130 mhz. It says I can unlock the shaders but I've never tried too. I don't bother overclocking the memory but I stuck an extra 50 on it once and it was fine but I haven't tried beyond that. Mine has a low ASIC of 61.5%

Last edited:
Soldato
You should definetly give unlocking the shaders a go at some point. It's just a simple BIOS mod and the Tri-X has a dual BIOS, so there's no risk. You can just flip the switch and flash the original BIOS back to undo it if it's unstable. Many people have had great success with 3840, although the full 4096 being unlockable and stable seems much rarer. Would be nice to have a full air-cooled Fiji though (that isn't gimped like the Nano).

Permabanned
You should definetly give unlocking the shaders a go at some point. It's just a simple BIOS mod and the Tri-X has a dual BIOS, so there's no risk. You can just flip the switch and flash the original BIOS back to undo it if it's unstable. Many people have had great success with 3840, although the full 4096 being unlockable and stable seems much rarer. Would be nice to have a full air-cooled Fiji though (that isn't gimped like the Nano).

I may do one day if I get bored after I buy a new card but I've never messed with the bio's before and wouldn't know where to start, I did look at a tutorial but didn't understand it so it's easier to simply wait for Vega and when I sell this the next owner can if they want.

Associate
I've decided to go for the Sapphire Nitro OC+ on Overclockers at £289.99. Hopeful that I'm lucky in the silicon lottery with regards to overclocking. This will actually be my first GPU that I have bought new, rather the 2nd hand.

los

los

Associate
290 on a 480? That's ridiculous, you can get the fury for that. Or if you get a Gigabyte 1070 with free psu and game, sell those bits on, it won't be much more and much much better performance!

Soldato
Any joy clocking these? I didnt need to before and mostly playing csgo anyway lately but dx mankind divided is a beast! I have the asus strix. Most people seemed to be saying they didnt really clock much at all.

Permabanned
Like many of us I'm going to be replacing my Fury pro in the next few months and I'm going to be sorry to see it go, It's a first gen oc edition Sapphire Fury Tri-x and it's been a joy to live with, I run it at stock and I've just finished a few hours gaming session in the DX11 title Call of Chernobyl where the max temp during that time was 73 degrees with a max fan speed of 39%. I don't use headphones and the PC which sits on the floor next to me never get's louder than a barely heard hum even at load. RTG has done a great job with drivers too, Comparing the last 18 months to the same period before it it's been like night and day. 2 years ago Lisa Su said they do not want AMD to be considered the lesser brand and since then with Raja Koduri heading up the gpu side of AMD they've proved it isn't, Here's to a strong 2017.

Soldato
Well after owning a fury x briefly last year before it died recently I have been wanting another one but the prices have been silly, so I have got a pair of fury nitro.

So far I have 1 and it's pretty damn fast compared to my rx480's. I tried unlocking the first one but it didn't unlock at all :( hopefully I have better luck with the second one.

Very impressed with the card and cooler so far with the fans maxed out in firestrike on 1.33v on the core it only reaches 48c max. That's pretty Insane, I have water blocks on cards that run warmer than this!!!

Permabanned
Well after owning a fury x briefly last year before it died recently I have been wanting another one but the prices have been silly, so I have got a pair of fury nitro.

So far I have 1 and it's pretty damn fast compared to my rx480's. I tried unlocking the first one but it didn't unlock at all :( hopefully I have better luck with the second one.

Very impressed with the card and cooler so far with the fans maxed out in firestrike on 1.33v on the core it only reaches 48c max. That's pretty Insane, I have water blocks on cards that run warmer than this!!!

If you get a good one you've got a very user friendly card,
I only ever user the auto fan setting and with the box clock of 1040mhz it remains quieter than the pc's case fans and never passes 79 degrees,
That balance between noise and temperature is pretty much perfect.
The thing that makes them that good with temps is the open back end where there's nothing to slow the 3rd fans airflow passing through a full third of the heatsink,
That's on the original Tri-x, The Nitro model has a slightly longer pcb but in comparison the Asus Fury has a full length pcb & backplate
and temps are notably hotter than the Nitro's and Tri-x's.
If I was you I wouldn't be buying another Fury this late in the day and instead I'd be waiting for Vega, However so far as the 28nm cards go it's a good one.

Soldato
I already bought another one, I don't like to have only one card. Got them for just over 200 each so not a terrible price. I was pleased to see that it beat my 1500mhz rx480 when the fury was just at stock speed. :O

Soldato
1809330.jpg

1809338.jpg

1809339.jpg

i like these cards. top card only hit 52c max with fans on 100% with less than 1 slot of breathing room and the core having 1.33v

Soldato
They're certainly clocking well at 1160/1170.
Yes. The one that is 1050 stock did 1200 without much trouble but this 1020 is a bit slower. I need to get a bios with hbm voltage control as well because I think increasing the memory speed has a big affect on the performance. Just 25mhz is 5% on these cards so a 600mhz memory speed would be a really nice improvement over stock. It's a real shame they don't unlock at all. I tried 3776, 3840 and 4096 bios for the card and none worked :(.

I don't think they would be 100% stable at 1160/570 daily, but 1150/560 would be easy and hopefully the extra memory clock will increase this further.

This is what I got with a single card the other day
image_id_1808887.jpeg

image_id_1808889.jpeg

image_id_1808888.jpeg

This is on the stock bios as well. I would be interested to see if I raised to power limit to 350-400w per card if that would help.

Associate
That's good going on the clocks. I think the best I've had mine is 1140/520. I haven't pushed the volts too much higher than stock though. At stock clocks with an undervolt they run really nice and cool btw.

Soldato
i just leave it at +75mv in trixx which is 1.33v on the core. they run really cool anyway. i dont even think they use that much power either. my full system with [email protected] and 2x furys only pulled 895w peak from the wall. i was hoping for it to manage over 1000w tbh. maybe if i could unlock the cores they would use a bit more power.

@Kaapstad

large.P1010425.JPG.006f4d48b33436dc4071d1376e5489f0.JPG

Last edited:
Permabanned
I haven't seen any clocking like those, If you get the time put some results up on some of the gaming bench threads. With +60mv (haven't tried higher) I can do 1140 (used to be 1150, go figure) for Firestrike and 1120 on most game benches, I might try +75 to push higher for a few bench runs but I think I'm at the limit of what the chip can do, That said I'm not clued up for overclocking, my card tells me it can unlock but I don't know how if I'm honest and not that worried as I wondered whether unlocking them would make them more unstable and then cause them to overclock less..

Soldato
I haven't seen any clocking like those, If you get the time put some results up on some of the gaming bench threads. With +60mv (haven't tried higher) I can do 1140 (used to be 1150, go figure) for Firestrike and 1120 on most game benches, I might try +75 to push higher for a few bench runs but I think I'm at the limit of what the chip can do, That said I'm not clued up for overclocking, my card tells me it can unlock but I don't know how if I'm honest and not that worried as I wondered whether unlocking them would make them more unstable and then cause them to overclock less..
yes i dont have many games tbh, but i think the newest one i have is civ vi? it does sound like your card may be slower if you give it extra voltage and it does 1140mhz. i think 1120-1150 is average kind of overclock for these? as for unlocking, yes it could be unstable, but tbh if 4096 is shaky but 3840 is fine then that is ~10% more performance and with these dual bios on these cards, you would have to try pretty hard to brick it :p. i really like unlocking things, like the phenom II x4 i have that unlocks to 6 cores, it does oc as well maybe 150-200mhz less, but 50% more cores makes it way faster in most cases. think of it like you are upgrading your gpu to the next one up for free :)

Back
Top Bottom