Post Your Daily Encounter Pics Here

Soldato
I was up in Nashville for the weekend so I popped by Cars n Coffee in Franklin in the morning. It's the first one I've been to, I don't know if I got there too early/late or if not many people go to it but there was only about 20 cars there (although looking at the pics it looks like there's usually a good turn out).

sMNjTttl.jpg
NSCDX9ol.jpg
OtLh4pYl.jpg
QqB9VHyl.jpg
I6ShuvDl.jpg
YDLi7TFl.jpg
fOZDeK0l.jpg

Soldato
A classic BMW spot

My wife and I were leaving Sainsbury's a short while ago, and I spotted this 1972 BMW 1602 just as I was approaching the junction. I managed to get Mrs Rainmaker to grab a couple of (pretty poor) potato pics, but they're better than none. The MOT history is pretty decent, and apparently it's on 14,800 miles this year. I wonder how many times it went around the clock before that? :D Lovely old thing, I just wish I'd managed to stop and chat with the owner. Can anyone tell me any more about it other than the fact it's a 1.6 petrol?

a33090e0d135de52766f4024dc7a5213.jpeg

4d76e941b561c23ee680b066ba832d3a.jpeg

b242cad92bcd447e8938520ed95d8bed.jpeg

ETA: Sorry Dons I forgot about this thread. :o
ETA2: Images fixed. My original host disappeared from the internet.

Last edited:
Soldato
Saw the most hideous Audi Q7 today... Blue wrap and an obscene body kit with RSQ7 plastered all over it. Don't think such a model exists? Anyway, to top it off the number plate read RS07BLU with a little dot in an interesting place in the 0.

No pics this time round but will deffo take some next time I see the monstrosity!

Associate
Saw the most hideous Audi Q7 today... Blue wrap and an obscene body kit with RSQ7 plastered all over it. Don't think such a model exists? Anyway, to top it off the number plate read RS07BLU with a little dot in an interesting place in the 0.

No pics this time round but will deffo take some next time I see the monstrosity!

Looks like there's only the S Line spec, however I imagine you can either order the V8 petrol engine or V12 DagDag if you so wish.

Man of Honour
I saw a new Mercedes c class c350e estate today. Thinking it would have a 3 litre petrol hybrid thing. It actually had a 2litre producing 208bhp. What a let down.

It's actually 275bhp through a combination of the petrol engine and electric motor.

Don't see the issue with the badge really.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;30040283 said:
It's actually 275bhp through a combination of the petrol engine and electric motor.

Don't see the issue with the badge really.

Ah didn't know that. Just did a plate check and that's what it gave me. Not so much an issue, just deceiving now with the different model numbers related to engine size.

Man of Honour
Ah didn't know that. Just did a plate check and that's what it gave me. Not so much an issue, just deceiving now with the different model numbers related to engine size.

Yea, it was better in the old days like with the 1996 323i with it's... oh, 2.5 litre engine :D

Associate
Lane discipline in this country is shocking. It never ceases to amaze me how completely and utterly void of situational awareness many people are. It genuinely boggles my mind that these people have managed to survive so long without driving under a truck or train or something.

Try living where I do for a while where there is no lane discipline, little use of indicators, no enforcement of phone use while driving, tailgating, undertaking etc etc. Unsurprisingly I find the UK incredibly civilized on the roads :D

Back
Top Bottom