*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Associate
Is this any better than the previous destiny content? Once I got to max level and did the raid I got bored very quickly will this be the same or is there much difference that will keep me playing longer?

I guess in general its the same. You rank up in the new content for the raid and then again for HM and challenge. IB and ToO if you play PvP. I guess you weigh up whether you like the game/gunplay enough to pay for 1/2 months worth of new content

Associate
Decided to start playing again after quite some time away, if anyone would like to try and help me catch up that would be greatly appreciated. Bit lost on all the new stuff/items/special quests.

Still got quite a few quests on the taken king and all of rise of iron story quests to do.

xbox one gt - Granto405

Soldato
I guess in general its the same. You rank up in the new content for the raid and then again for HM and challenge. IB and ToO if you play PvP. I guess you weigh up whether you like the game/gunplay enough to pay for 1/2 months worth of new content

Hmm sounds pretty similar then. I don't think it's worth my time as being used to WoW Destiny just doesn't cut it for me.

Associate
They were marks. I was answering Danny's question, only noticing your post now.

Ahh ok, thought RNGesus screwed me again

@Danny yes, all Legendary engrams are capped at 365.

I would get to 365 on blues, then use all your legendaries to a) get the build/perks you want b) chance that exotics drop from them

Soldato
You can get artifacts from Eris Morn at 365+ as well for what it's worth. Although you're rolling the dice getting all that rep and the package sometimes doesn't even have an artifact, I got lucky.

Associate
I've got to 3
367 today but can't face strikes after weekend,tedious after a while,found crucible today as good if not better for gear drops inc exotics using 3oc's.
Capping purple engrams at 365 stinks imho,bungie want to watch they don't lose a lot of players who have come back recently,the grind at 365 becomes a bit stupid except for those who stockpiled exotic engrams.

Last edited:
Soldato
Quite enjoying getting back into this although impressions after about 10 hours are that Rise of Iron is a much smaller DLC than Taken King which really did feel like a proper expansion pack.

Rise of Iron adds a couple of new areas but none are as interesting as Taken King and a lot of the other content just rehashes old maps even going as far as to use PvP maps rather than new content.

I haven't tried the raid yet but I do feel that the overall package is pretty expensive even though I will probably get my hours out of it from grinding to 360-365.

Soldato
Ok lets get a reset raid going.

PS4 - Tuesday 27/09 - 8 to 8:30 PM start

- OweO (369/370 hopefully Warlock)
- Greboth (364 Warlock)
- DavieM66 (360 Warlock)
-
-
-

Hoping to get to final boss (plus have a few goes at him if possible).

Happy for anyone who hasn't done it to join in. Would prefer 350+ light as you will struggle below this. :)

Soldato

- Greboth (364 Warlock)
- DavieM66 (360 Warlock)
-
-
-

Happy for anyone who hasn't done it to join in. Would prefer 350+ light as you will struggle below this. :)

i'll grab 4th spot (366)

Soldato

- Greboth (364 Warlock)
- DavieM66 (360 Warlock)
- r3d_zombie (366 Titan)
-
-

Updated :)

Now 370 thanks to a Zombie Apocalypse.

Back
Top Bottom