Second part of my upgrade

Associate
Hi everybody after upgrading my monitor/gfx/psu/hardrive a few months back I can now do the rest

I'll be needing
Cpu (have my heart set on the oem 6700k)
Motherboard
Ram (16gb)
Aio watercooler
Case (no RGB lighting preferred)
Fans (no RGB lighting preferred)

Thing I'll be keeping from my current rig
MSI armor gtx 1070
Samsung evo 250gb
EVGA 650w psu
Wd 2tb drive
I won't need a key for Windows 10 as I have a new one ready to go

Mainly for playing games and light video editing and a little overclocking

Looking to spend about £650 to £700

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
One thing is paying the extra £30ish for 3200mhz memory worth it?

In terms of cost i would say not but skylake likes fast ram , i have seen many reviews and are torn because of the cost/performance ratio. If you can afford it then i would go for it in a high end system but look at a few reviews/benchmarks .

Here,s a good value option ram

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Associate
OP
been doing a little looking around and this is what ive came up with

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £696.57
(includes shipping: £11.70)

anybody see any issue or better options?

Associate
OP
well finished the build at the weekend some problems with it the RAM did not like getting set to the xmp (would not boot) profile but setting it buy manual and its working fine and i have installed the cpu cooler upside down but its working fine

1_Copy.jpg

got it running at 4.7ghz at 1.3v on the core

Man of Honour
Nice neat and tidy build. I would probably have put the cooler that way around as well because if it was the other way around the hose would droop much lower. How much of a performance boost have you got over the setup you had before? Nice overclock too. :)

Associate
OP
Yeah I'll be remounting the cooler soon anyway because the USB port on the block is a very tight fit where it is at the moment I almost had a heart attack when I noticed it I hate mounting coolers

Performance wise video coverting is pretty great gaming wise it don't think I'm getting any higher fps but it has helped the stuttering and frame drops I was getting in WoW and overwatch

Going to have a good mess around with the overclocking this weekend I'm pretty sure it will go further

Back
Top Bottom