Aero/Gains Thread

Soldato
The V212 is a painfully slow course, don't think anyone has ever done a 19 on it. 357w at 76kg is still 4.6w/kg though which is very good going for a 10. My best this year is still a smidge short of 4.5w/kg but I'd expect to go similarly on that course. There are definitely some aero gains to be had for you I reckon.

With that power and weight you'd almost certainly go sub 20 on a faster course at the moment, and substantially sub 20 with some aero improvements. How long have you been doing tris?

Associate
The V212 is a painfully slow course, don't think anyone has ever done a 19 on it. 357w at 76kg is still 4.6w/kg though which is very good going for a 10. My best this year is still a smidge short of 4.5w/kg but I'd expect to go similarly on that course. There are definitely some aero gains to be had for you I reckon.

With that power and weight you'd almost certainly go sub 20 on a faster course at the moment, and substantially sub 20 with some aero improvements. How long have you been doing tris?

Yep, I agree it's a slow course... it's handy that I know it like the back of my hand, its 15mins ride from my house, do a local tri on it every year too and have seen it in all sorts of conditions and its just not fast.
I've had a proper fit by a very well respected fitter but I may investigate some tweaking.

Been doing tri since 2013, applied proper training since 2014 onwards, lanzarote and austria full irons both booked for 2017, building for it now.

Soldato
Yep, I agree it's a slow course... it's handy that I know it like the back of my hand, its 15mins ride from my house, do a local tri on it every year too and have seen it in all sorts of conditions and its just not fast.
I've had a proper fit by a very well respected fitter but I may investigate some tweaking.

Been doing tri since 2013, applied proper training since 2014 onwards, lanzarote and austria full irons both booked for 2017, building for it now.

I'll assume that fit was for comfort not aero like 90 per cent of fitters!

Soldato
The difference is though that 360w would be getting you into short 19s in all likelihood with a small amount of position tweaking.

Chap that won our club open 10 last weekend put out similar power, with 350ft climbing, fair wind and no significant flat sections, to break in to the 21's. So that sounds achievable, given my inexperience :p

Soldato
So few changes abound, mostly in prep for next season, but will get a chance to try the disc next weekend providing it is dry.

pBdEEyN.jpg

Zipp Super 9 running 25mm Vittoria Crono SC II, got a Miche Lightweight Cassette coming this week as a campag cassette cost made me cry even after buying this :D

Then starting this build, got some junction boxes turning up later this week, unsure as to which shifters to get with the new dura-ace ones, think I will look for some second hand old version rather than the blippers and run them semi sync shift, but won't rush into buying as don't need di2 on the turbo :D Looking forward to piecing it all together though.

rIyJ2SX.jpg

Back
Top Bottom