*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Soldato
for the guys whos done Aksis, what do you think the recommended light is for the whole fight?
Im currently sitting at forever 365 (artifact is just not helping) and I was just getting done in just by looking! Everything else though, was fine

In my opinion 365 is good enough. It sounds like a really obvious thing but in terms of survival you just need to be very aware of everything that is going on around you. Where Aksis is, call out where the swarms are, stay on top of the shanks, use a sword or gjally drop those captains fast etc. If you need to pop a synth, let the person you're with know that you're gonna be inactive for a few seconds while you pop it. If you're finding that shanks aren't dropping fast enough, I would recommend a hand cannon with good range/impact, the crucible quartermaster sells Palindrome which is a really solid option.

Soldato
Yeah the Palindrome double taps the shanks, just put on spray and play and make you have HC reload. Gree I will be on around the weekend, tonight I need to do another raid for the last part of the exotic quest so best be for weekend.

Soldato
Ok just seen the ToO pulse and auto rifle, now I want them.... :p

Calling on Moe, Venom, Krogothz, anyone happy enough to deal with me using a fusion rifle as a primary.... HELP! :)

Soldato
for the guys whos done Aksis, what do you think the recommended light is for the whole fight?
Im currently sitting at forever 365 (artifact is just not helping) and I was just getting done in just by looking! Everything else though, was fine

a team of 365 can kill him easily.

Done aksis a few times now, got the exotic pulse rifle and played a bit of trials. Considering i'm a filthy casual i've got 3 characters at around 380 light. Dunno why people are saying it's so hard... past 365 it seems to jump quicker than the grind up to 365 ever did.

Soldato
Gonna go on now, any one wanna do kings fall raid? Never done it I assume one of you will have and with our light levels could blitz it?

Last edited:
Associate
Howdy all, just a quick post to say why the hell have I not played this game before!!!!

Picked up two copies of the collection edition, one for me and my son. We both hit level 40 last night and have loved every minute of playing the game. Absolutely superb. Using a few you tube channels to keep us right, but wow, great stuff!

Cheers.

Caporegime
Gonna go on now, any one wanna do kings fall raid? Never done it I assume one of you will have and with our light levels could blitz it?

one of the reasons kingsfall is so disliked is because of how punishing it its.

Certain mechanics rely on you nailing jumps and other procedural stuff perfectly. Miss that jump and miss that phase and its a wipe.

The raid has 3 primary bosses, The War Priest, Golgoroth and Oryx. The oryx encounter requires you to do almost no damage since most of it comes from mechanics. Whereas with other raids (eg Atheon in Vault of Glass) you can go back with high attack weapons and blitz his health down crazy fast, there is no such luck with Oryx. The final fight has 4 phases, no matter how high level you area, you must complete each of these phases perfectly.

Overall it will be easier, but with you not knowing the mechanics, and the raid being as punishing as it is, don't expect it to be easy.

Soldato
a team of 365 can kill him easily.

Done aksis a few times now, got the exotic pulse rifle and played a bit of trials. Considering i'm a filthy casual i've got 3 characters at around 380 light. Dunno why people are saying it's so hard... past 365 it seems to jump quicker than the grind up to 365 ever did.

It depends so much on luck though, I think out of the last 5 or 6 drops only 1 has done anything to my light level. Every other has been higher than my average light level but lower than what I have in the slot already.

Associate
Greboth - you going to be on tonight to have a crack at Aksis before the reset?

If not put be down for a raid post reset. :)

I'll be around tonight at the usual time, still not finished the raid from last week so could do with getting it done. I'm about 372 now. Also put me down for the reset, fixed my pad too so can throw bombs now :). The hinge was broken on the R2 button so it was throwing them as soon as I picked them up. Can you throw with R1 and R2? I thought it was just R1 so couldn't understand why it was automatically throwing.

Back
Top Bottom