** ZOTAC 1070 FE UK's LOWEST PRICE, 5YR WARRANTY & FREE GAME!! **

Soldato
So OcUK will cover the warranty for the full 5 years?

The only reason I ask is because I'm in the market for a new card (and this is a fantastic deal), but I'm rather hesitant about using Zotac as I've heard their RMA/customer service isn't the best. However if OcUK are honouring the warranty that Zotac provides then that would certainly settle some nerves.

I don't think OcUK will replace the card directly if it fails after a few years but I believe they will handle the RMA process for you, so you'd return the card to themselves and they would deal with Zotac.

Still far better than trying to deal with Zotac directly. If I'm wrong I'm sure I'll be corrected, but that's my take on it.

Associate
I don't think OcUK will replace the card directly if it fails after a few years but I believe they will handle the RMA process for you, so you'd return the card to themselves and they would deal with Zotac.

Still far better than trying to deal with Zotac directly. If I'm wrong I'm sure I'll be corrected, but that's my take on it.

Yeah, having read a few things on the site I believe you're correct.

I went ahead and ordered one last night anyway before the deal expired, and it should be arriving tomorrow! £368.99 for a 1070 was simply irresistible.

Soldato
Yeah, having read a few things on the site I believe you're correct.

I went ahead and ordered one last night anyway before the deal expired, and it should be arriving tomorrow! £368.99 for a 1070 was simply irresistible.

Nice one! I agree it was an irresistible deal!

I was going to pull the trigger over the weekend myself until I dropped my phone down the bog, had to hold fire in case it needs replacing now :(

Soldato
"We're sorry your delivery has been delayed

We wanted to let you know that your OVERCLOCKERS parcel has been delayed and that delivery will now be on Wednesday 5th October.

On the morning of Wednesday 5th October, you'll receive another email from us to let you know your one hour delivery window.

If you click on the 'Follow my parcel now' button below, you'll be able to follow your delivery all the way to you and see what options you have, such as choosing another delivery date."

GAH! Not the first time this has happend to me with DPD either, oh well its only 24 hours

Soldato
"We're sorry your delivery has been delayed

We wanted to let you know that your OVERCLOCKERS parcel has been delayed and that delivery will now be on Wednesday 5th October.

On the morning of Wednesday 5th October, you'll receive another email from us to let you know your one hour delivery window.

If you click on the 'Follow my parcel now' button below, you'll be able to follow your delivery all the way to you and see what options you have, such as choosing another delivery date."

GAH! Not the first time this has happend to me with DPD either, oh well its only 24 hours

Delivery driver threw a sickie I expect! Hope you didn't take a day off! :rolleyes:

Associate
Card came and installed, can anyone who got one answer me to say if there ports, sli connectors and pci-e connectors had any of the plastic protective plugs on??? mine didn't and all other cards recently did

Nope, installed it today and there were no protective plugs. The card just came in a rather thick antic static bag. The rest (PCI-E connectors etc) were in plastic bags.

P.S. Don't forget to register your card on Zotac's website.

OcUK Staff
OP
I've umm'ed and ahh'ed for months over a new card but now I've finally bit the bullet and ordered one of these bad boys! I expect it'll be quite a jump over my amd 7950 :D

Good call!

Were selling about £30-£40 below new buy-in due to have crazy weak the pound has gone this week.

Were holding the price until Wednesday, then these are going up towards £400 until the pound recovers.

Get them whilst they are cheap! :)

Soldato
Good call!

Were selling about £30-£40 below new buy-in due to have crazy weak the pound has gone this week.

Were holding the price until Wednesday, then these are going up towards £400 until the pound recovers.

Get them whilst they are cheap! :)

Can't wait!

Free next day Saturday delivery too! I was powerless to resist haha :D

Associate
How good (or bad) is the cooler on this card in both temps and noise?

Was looking at getting a Palit Gamerock/Jetstream until I read all the negativity about the huge amount of failures.

Also can this card overclock much on the stock cooler?

Soldato
How good (or bad) is the cooler on this card in both temps and noise?

Was looking at getting a Palit Gamerock/Jetstream until I read all the negativity about the huge amount of failures.

Also can this card overclock much on the stock cooler?

had mine upto 2150mhz but just leaving it at stock it boosts to 1890mhz and not going over 69C, the fan is audiable but its not offensive.

Soldato
What's the best way of monitoring what the card is doing? I'd like to see what mine is boosting to and its temp etc. One thing I noticed that although yes you can hear the fan on the cooler, its no noisier than my previous card, it isn't an annoying whir (was still able to sleep in the same room as the pc) and it doesn't ramp up anywhere near as much as my old 7950.

Probably because it handles gta v and fallout 4 with ease (only games I've tested so far), whereas, they used to push my 7950. I cant believe how good gta looks while still being silky smooth :)

Last edited:
Associate
The best tool i know of is GPU Z. You can click the number to make it track the maximum/minimum/average or you can just get it to show real time readings. You can also stretch the window and change the refresh rate to make it show the data over a fair long time to give you an idea of how it changes during a gaming session.

Back
Top Bottom