Road Cycling

Soldato
You should get a deal mate, just get one... :p
I chuckled.

Review of them here. Under £30 on Sigma but only XXL left, several other places stock them but Evans' are cheapest at £38, but only the fluo ones. Several other places stock them (CRC/Wiggle) but at £45-£50. They're nice gloves but without a wrist adjustment, without touchscreen compatible fingers and the usual Gore price hike I'd look elsewhere (like my Sportfuls!) ;)
edit: Temptation to just get on the bike is high tbh :p
Turbo it out mate! Zwift! ;)
Christ, yea, that's 45quid today. Wounding.
Yup! You and your toy money is more and more appealing! You should be buying British with the Euro strong! Get some Altura! :p

Soldato
https://www.strava.com/activities/7...-44a4-ac68-530b077267fa?hl=en-GB&v=1475770255

Checking out some routes with a view of running some cycling, triathlon and running training camps in the near future. :)
Beautiful area, let me know of any cycling camps you sort!

Someone I know has bought a second home/holiday home for rental somewhere between Malaga and Marbella somewhere. At some point we'll be looking at using it for a week or two away in the summer/spring/maybe winter months! :cool:

Soldato
That will be a wafer thing rubber jobbie. Kind of wish I'd sold my Cycleops one that came with my second hand trainer as it had never been used. I've left it on the garage floor for a year now so it is trashed :o

I keep looking at mega bucks 'want' bikes. Current object of desire is a Mason but I don't think I'd ever swing that one with SWMBO unless I knock a digit off when I tell her the price :o

Soldato
I keep looking at mega bucks 'want' bikes. Current object of desire is a Mason but I don't think I'd ever swing that one with SWMBO unless I knock a digit off when I tell her the price :o

I’ve realise though that my wife only sees frame colour – so theoretically I could swap the bike for anything the same colour and she’d be none the wiser.

:D

Soldato
I need a half decent but not mega pricey co2 inflator so I can ditch carrying the pump around with me.
Any suggestions? :)
Combo?

I've got a Lezyne Pressure Drive and although I've not used it with co2 yet, I have used it as a pump twice and it is superb.

Edit: Using the Lezyne frame mount. Previously used this with my Crank Brothers Gem pump so it's a couple of years old and still solid.

Man of Honour
Oh you. I don't seem to have any. Winter stuff is still too hot, and summer stuff is stupid. I don't know why, but my nanoflex knee warmers really seem to cut off the circulation to my legs. They never used to, and I haven't got fat. Well I have, but... not there.

Soldato
Yeah I put on a base layer, leg warmers and a jacket this morning- too hot. Need it to either warm up or get colder - the in-between is difficult to dress for.

Caporegime

Personally I'd rather have lots of "pretty good" bikes than one super duper bike. Although saying that I am considering getting a custom made 953 frame when I turn 40 and that won't be cheap.

Soldato
Autumn clothing... what?
Autumn is generally a warmish ambient with cool/cold winds with the mornings getting darker & colder. So you're dressing for the wind protection. Go for the long sleeve jerseys or short sleeve with arm warmers, then throw a windproof gilet on top. Shorts generally team them with knee/leg warmers. I tend to prefer a warmer bottom half so I'm in 'winter' (roubaix - Fiandre NoRain) shorts already.

I'm finding I have to ride in to work in the morning all wrapped up then ride home in the evening carrying a bunch of stuff that I don't need because it's warmed up during the day.
Yup, try also riding home for lunch! ;)

I'm generally finding this works for me:
Morning/evening: base layer, knee warmers, thick socks, toe covers, winter shorts, roubaix long sleeve, windproof gilet, buff & full fingered gloves. Carry in bag: thin arm warmers, LS jersey & short fingered gloves. And every commuters staple: packable rain jacket.
Lunchtime: base layer, knee warmers, thick socks, winter shorts, thin arm warmers, long sleeve, windproof gilet & short fingered gloves. Rest of kit @ work.
I tailor my shoe/toe covers, gloves, arm warmers & buff depending on winds. If it's a warmer day I'll even take thin socks and exchange the LS jersey for a SS one.
It's not cold enough for a windproof winter jersey yet (except last monday!). I choose to run my legs & arms warm, protecting my torso & face from the winds. as I'm commuting not much chance of overheating, if I get cold I just put some power down! ;)

Lol my two lunchtime commutes are only 1s difference between them today.
https://www.strava.com/activities/737106880
https://www.strava.com/activities/737106992

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom