Forza Horizon 3 just shown at E3

Soldato
Just purchased this. Currently installing, the Mrs is out all night tonight, so should be able to get a good start.

After reading some of this thread, I think I'm just going to lock it at 30fps and just play the game to be honest. I can worry about the settings another day.

Soldato
Just purchased this. Currently installing, the Mrs is out all night tonight, so should be able to get a good start.

After reading some of this thread, I think I'm just going to lock it at 30fps and just play the game to be honest. I can worry about the settings another day.

Same downloading now!

Soldato
Wow, just fired it up and I'm getting insane input lag. I'm not talking a bit, I'm talking like half a second behind :( Its 100% unplayable like this.

I tried changing it to 60Hz, but that didn't help.

hopefully google will help me out here.

EDIT - problem solved, it was hardware my end

Last edited:
Soldato
Ugh spent forever getting windows upgraded and issues with the game downloading.

Finally got it installed and now it insta crashes on the playground games logo a few seconds in. Im starting to lose interest and I've not even had a race yet.

Associate
Currently level 218 now after using the drift tap method. Sitting on about 8.5M cash also, with most of the HE cars.

Progress is good!

Soldato
No doubt many of you tech wizards will be well aware of this but worth a try for those using a big TV and PC version.

Ultrawide 21:9 Gaming on HDTV
Game does look very good in this aspect especially cockpit view and bonnet cam giving the benefits of the wider aspect ratio. Once a custom resolution is set within the Nvidia control panel it seems to be available within the game video resolutions. A basic sample below with exterior view oh and btw I get approx 38" 21:9 screen size from my 40" 16:9 display so bigger than many 21:9 gaming monitors. Those of you with even bigger screens will of course be able to enjoy 21:9 even more.

* Go into HUD settings within game to re-position the map and speedometer

These obviously have lower pixel counts so some may find on their systems they could play a bit better with maintaining all visual settings to max.
6F9MDO8h.jpg.png

Above is standard 16:9

Below is 21:9
HISZehbh.jpg.png

21:9
Custom Resolution 1
1920 x 810

Custom Resolution 2
3840 x 1620

Capture using Geforce Experience
CUcrkzQh.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Do you think they'll add some significant landmass in the expansions? If it's going to be a small island and 10 Porsches, then I'll probably pass;p I hope they'll announce something before my Ultimate discount ends.

Don't know whether I should pour any more money into this game but I'm willing to grab the pass if it's worth it.
However, that depends on whether they'll continue patching it.

Also, can anyone on a 1070 post some settings to get 1070 in Surfers Paradise?

Back
Top Bottom