*** The official Asus ROG Swift PG348Q 34" ultra-wide thread ***

Associate
Bought this monitor in the end, must say I am pretty disappointed with the image quality. I feel like I can see the pixels a lot more than my old monitor. I put rise if the tomb raider on in ultra and it looked ugly.

Will have to play around with the settings and see if I can improve things. No dead pixels or back light bleed though.

Associate
Bought this monitor in the end, must say I am pretty disappointed with the image quality. I feel like I can see the pixels a lot more than my old monitor. I put rise if the tomb raider on in ultra and it looked ugly.

Will have to play around with the settings and see if I can improve things. No dead pixels or back light bleed though.
That doesn't sound right mate.Although my x34 had issues the picture was stunning and I think this and the acer use the same panel.Must be settings.Hope you sort it.

Associate
That doesn't sound right mate.Although my x34 had issues the picture was stunning and I think this and the acer use the same panel.Must be settings.Hope you sort it.

How do you go about calibrating a monitor properly. I have never really done it before? My last monitor was a Dell ultrasharp and it was factory calibrated.

Man of Honour
To do it properly you'd need something like the X-Rite or Spyder, etc. tool, otherwise you pretty much have to do it by eye which unless you really know what you are doing really requires a reference i.e. an already calibrated monitor to try and match as close as possible.

Soldato
Well, mine arrived today and so far I'm really pleased. BLB is very minimal, similar in severity to the review sample tftcentral received.

Yet to try out gsync as I don't have an nvidia card but can also report no whine at 100Hz setting.

Associate
How do you go about calibrating a monitor properly. I have never really done it before? My last monitor was a Dell ultrasharp and it was factory calibrated.
Have a search online for an ICC profile.I found one on pcper for the x34a and it was great.Colours were spot on after.

Last edited:
Associate
Have my PG348Q 3 days now and thank god all good.Absolutely loving it.Best investment in a long time.One question?Could I use the ICC profile from the predator x34a with this monitor since they are using the same panel?

Last edited:
Soldato
Have my PG348Q 3 days now and thank god all good.Absolutely loving it.Best investment in a long time.One question?Could I use the ICC profile from the predator x34a with this monitor since they are using the same panel?

That would be counter-productive. ICC profiles are created for individual units and are not even optimal for all units of the same monitor. There is more to a monitor than the panel and these are two distinctly different monitors. All ICC profiles can really be helpful for, if you're using somebody else's, is to correct gamma behaviour in a predictable way. The PG348Q is set up nicely out of the box in that respect even if slightly differently to the X34a, so just leave it as it is.

Associate
That would be counter-productive. ICC profiles are created for individual units and are not even optimal for all units of the same monitor. There is more to a monitor than the panel and these are two distinctly different monitors. All ICC profiles can really be helpful for, if you're using somebody else's, is to correct gamma behaviour in a predictable way. The PG348Q is set up nicely out of the box in that respect even if slightly differently to the X34a, so just leave it as it is.
Will do.Thanks very much.

Soldato
PG348Q going to have to be RMA'd. Noticed today a blue streak across the screen, about 1.5inch long. Very feint but its there.

Upon inspection with a torch its actually a scratch/mark inside the panel itself. Behind the front protective glass. I guess either the blue bit has recently developed or it has been there the whole time and i've just not noticed.

Nothing on my part as it has been looked after fantastically. Hopefully won't get one with abysmal BLB or dead pixels.

Associate
My problems with picture quality were down to running the monitor at 100hz. Dropped it to 90hz and things look much better.

Associate
Looking to purchase this monitor soon!

Can anyone who has used a VESA mount with the monitor confirm the measurement of the edge shown in red below as I believe a spacer may need to be used with certain mounts.

sdM9B8V.png

Thanks!

Associate
At the thinnest part its ~9mm, and ~15mm at the thickest.. I cant see why you would need a spacer as there is loads of room in the for the mounting bracket

Associate
Guys, what monitor stands have you used with this monitor. I just placed an order for one and I wonder which stand or wall bracket to go for since this guy is heavy.
Thanks.

Associate
At the thinnest part its ~9mm, and ~15mm at the thickest.. I cant see why you would need a spacer as there is loads of room in the for the mounting bracket

Thanks so much for that! I was looking to use a TV mount which has a universal mounting plate to support sizes larger than the 100x100 VESA spec so a spacer would need to be used in that case.

Associate
Does anyone else feel like they can see scan lines on their monitor? Not sure if I can or I am sitting too close.

I just don't seem to be able to enjoy anything I buy these days lol

Back
Top Bottom