**** The Official OnePlus 3 Thread ****

Soldato
Hmm not sure which case to go for.... Either one of the official One Plus 3 cases, The Spigen one, or the Nillkin one which is compatible with the magnetic phone holders... The Nillkin one would have been perfect, but it looks like the top edges aren't protected well. Anyone got one of these?

Associate
Hmm not sure which case to go for.... Either one of the official One Plus 3 cases, The Spigen one, or the Nillkin one which is compatible with the magnetic phone holders... The Nillkin one would have been perfect, but it looks like the top edges aren't protected well. Anyone got one of these?

I have the Nillkin and it's not bad.

Very rigid and covers all the corners along with having a lip to keep your screen off the table if you put it down face down.

I have a metal insert taped to the inside so it works with my.magnetic car mount.

The top and bottom don't cover the phone (except at the corners) but do have a slight lip. I can take some close up photos later, if you would like?

My only complaint is that the bottom lip is quite thin so is slightly uncomfortable if you're holding the phone in one hand and supporting it with your little finger.

Soldato
I have the Nillkin and it's not bad.

Very rigid and covers all the corners along with having a lip to keep your screen off the table if you put it down face down.

I have a metal insert taped to the inside so it works with my.magnetic car mount.

The top and bottom don't cover the phone (except at the corners) but do have a slight lip. I can take some close up photos later, if you would like?

My only complaint is that the bottom lip is quite thin so is slightly uncomfortable if you're holding the phone in one hand and supporting it with your little finger.

Hey,

Yea some pictures would be great. I saw a fair few on the Rainforest website. Odd you've had to put a magnet on it, it says it is already compatible on the rainforest website listing...? Does that mean it has an insert in/on it or does it come with it?

Associate
Finally got my Oneplus 3, no thanks to the shop as they didn't inform me it had arrived. A bit of detective work, found the delivery tracking and saw it had been delivered today.

Now I have to go to the other store where I did another order receive the item and then return that back for a refund.

Soldato
Finally got my Oneplus 3, no thanks to the shop as they didn't inform me it had arrived. A bit of detective work, found the delivery tracking and saw it had been delivered today.

Now I have to go to the other store where I did another order receive the item and then return that back for a refund.

Any idea how to find the tracking ?

Associate
At least you got an update. I never got anything and had to chase them for a refund as it's easier to just collect it in store now.

It is? I ordered online and opted to pick up in store as it was available to do so. This turned out to be BS. They had no stock. Got a txt last night saying sorry for delay and expect more stock soon.

Can't find any tracking info online with O2. I wasn't assigned a number and gave my contact number as my voda number. I have an account with user name and password set up with them but for the life of me I can't find my order.

Sales assistant said there would be no problem canceling the order once it arrived in store if I'd changed my mind. Payment has been taken and wonder if it would be refunded easily? I'm either way really. Nothing against the OP3, just thinking about getting a smaller phone. Kind of why I'd gone off the X Style. If only I'd not handled the none edge GS7 in same store.

Associate
Hey,

Yea some pictures would be great. I saw a fair few on the Rainforest website. Odd you've had to put a magnet on it, it says it is already compatible on the rainforest website listing...? Does that mean it has an insert in/on it or does it come with it?

This is mostly because I wasn't paying enough attention :D

I have the Nillkin Frosted Shield, so it doesn't have the metal layer built in.

Very similar looking case, though :)

20161010_204050_zps54eehipg.jpg

20161010_204140_zpsnnl8hzxg.jpg

20161010_204129_zpslvwbhbnd.jpg

Associate
Do ordinary fast chargers work with the OP3? I have a fast charger in the pickup that fast charges the Moto phone. Would this fast charge the OP3 too or would it only work at standard speed?

Soldato
Do ordinary fast chargers work with the OP3? I have a fast charger in the pickup that fast charges the Moto phone. Would this fast charge the OP3 too or would it only work at standard speed?

Sadly it won't, different standards.

It will charge up to 10w on normal chargers. 20w via the supplied one.

Associate
Sadly it won't, different standards.

It will charge up to 10w on normal chargers. 20w via the supplied one.

OK. Not really an issue. I have a fast charger in vehicle but most of the time it plugs into Pioneer head unit for android auto. This only charges at standard rate whatever this is.

Same mate, some long reference number with loads of zeroes

Yep, that's it, loads of zeros. It's being delivered to the shop so tracking info of no interest really. Shop will ring me when it comes in (maybe!). Still can't make my mind up if to go ahead with one :mad: The one I tried tethered in shop was a little disappointing as mentioned before, which isn't helping.

Back
Top Bottom