Gears Of War 4 (coming to Win 10 in Oct)

Associate
So, I was playing this earlier, great. Just put my daughter to bed and settled down for another go - not a chance, patch errors, redownloading huge chunks of data, pausing for ages with no clue what its doing - what a joke. Have spent an hour of my evening dicking around with the cocking thing already

Permabanned
Hey Gears fans –

Today we have released some new updates for Gears of War 4, with a small Title Update to fix a blocking issue in Campaign and additional server side tweaks. This may cause some server disruption for a short while as it deploys.

Title Update
We have released a small Title Update which is rolling out now to address a known issue that can block progress and require a Chapter Restart in Act 3, Chapter 5.

On Xbox One, this title update will be approximately 200mb.

On Windows 10, this title update will be approximately 300mb. In addition, you will need to ensure you update to the latest OS to receive this Title Update and future Title Updates. Please update now to get this patch.

You can update by going to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your PC is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

If you launch the game on Windows 10 without the update, you will get a message that an update is required to play with a link to the store. Clicking this link only minimizes the game when it takes you to the Store - please close the game fully before updating to avoid errors.

Live Updates

Matchmaking Update
Our Online Services team continue to work around the clock on rectifying some of the matchmaking issues encountered by players. We have deployed another server side update which we anticipate will improve matchmaking times. We'll be monitoring it's impact closely.

Dodgeball Rounds To Win Increase
Rounds to Win: 3 -> 4
We’ve increased the Rounds to Win limit to extend the time spent in Dodgeball matches, which our data and fan feedback indicates is currently running a little on the low side.

Credits Change
We’ve made some changes to the Credit Gain rate based on our data and fan feedback. Please read more about that HERE.

https://gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums...16/0b3f08fe-89ce-424c-b76d-97fba547551d/posts

Soldato
Got mine to update but i had to move the game back to my C drive from my second drive to get it to work.. just moving it back again now lol.. this needs sorting asap im not doing this every time a patch is released :mad:

Soldato
Getting an error trying to install the patch now.

For me I reset the cache with the WSReset command then logged in again and hit update all on top right. When trying to hit update button beside the game image it wouldnt and then was looking 80GB free on the drive, ARGH!
The Win 10 Store App is terrible, I hope they fix it sooner rather than later.

The game however while some mission are a bit meh, is graphically really good and looks brill with all the excellent shading/lighting. Its great with Phillips Ambilight lots of colour from explosions/lightening/blood splatters filling the room. Im really enjoying it using the XB1S pad with my subwoofers and Buttkickers cranked waay up.

Last edited:
Soldato
For those who can't install the update and the game is on another drive. Maybe try going into settings and setting install new apps to the drive with the game on.

Maybe windows is thinking the update is a new app and trying to install it on C.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
Be careful with Insane settings, I think I need another GPU.

Gears%20of%20War%204%2011_10_2016%2020_11_53_zpsmajilflf.png

Soldato
Hmm my update is doing funny things stuck at 428mb? lol

If i pause it then start again it continues then stops again, blimmin thing.

Soldato
It's not stuck.
As mentioned earlier, it's copying the main files because MS are idiots and can't do something as simple as add an update to an existing folder.

If you leave it to do it's thing, it should update. That's assuming you had the space to have two copies of the game.

Soldato

Can you do a test set to 4K, would appreciate it.
I only have a 1070 but curious to how close it gets to the 1080 or if the 1080 would have been enough for ULTRA settings and hit 60 fps

I also found with one test I overclocked the card for a measly 2fps increase so dont think its worth doing.

Caporegime
Its ridiculous how long it takes to get into a mp game, sits around for ages with this xbox match making crap then still stacks the teams so the higher ranks are usually on one side.

Permabanned

Mine isn't too bad atleast during the benchmark

3770k and 980ti 1440p GSync

87FsvP0h.png.jpg

Edit - Async Compute you have on, I didn't see that option. Let me retest lol

Another edit

This is also the first NVIDIA card where we can see Async Compute enabled. Async Compute work in Gears of War 4 generally has a modest 2-5% gain, depending on resolution. The setting is not applicable to NVIDIA cards prior to the Pascal line

****** :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom