PlayStation VR / VR2

Associate
Anyone had amazon confirmation of despatch (non prime)? Mine is due to dispatch today but status not updated yet...

Yes just had a email 9mins ago, i am a non prime user saying "We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge." that would be the vr head set,
all the lot is coming thursday, camera, move controllers and vr head set and a game.
So i am happy now, i am also getting EVE Valkyrie from else where on pre order so any luck that will turn up thursday in the post.

Associate
My order confirmed for delivery on 13th but not yet dispatched from Amazon. The tracker says it is due for despatch today but still not updated:confused:

Associate
Just ordered from John Lewis online, they only became available to order at 8pm tonight. Seems legit for stock I guess. Still got a pre order at Amazon but no delivery date yet.

Associate
I'm really impressed with it so far.

The resolution is obviously lower than the Vive, but the quality of the panel (and lack of screendoor effect) makes it a much closer comparison than expected, and the good games (rigs) handle the resolution superbly such that it's barely noticeable.

Sure, Driveclub VR doesn't look quite as good, but sat in the drivers seat, using motion controls, feels so good.

The biggest problem is the length of the demos, many are just a couple of minutes, and then excessive loading times to reset. This won't be an issue with the full games, but they could have tried harder - I'd barely flown and shot anything in Eve Valkyrie before the demo ended.

Also, I need more distance between the camera and me, as we sit quite close to the TV and sometimes the camera could no longer 'see' the controller when I reached out to the side. Easily fixed though.

Overall (as a Vive Owner) I'm very impressed, and I think they've nailed the mass market requirements for the price. Sure, if you want to spend more and have a high-end PC, the Vive (or Oculus) is somewhat 'better', albeit requiring far more effort. However, for most people (and I suspect a lot of my VR playing) the PSVR is awesome.

I'm looking forward to seeing my wife and daughter play TumbleVR at the weekend, as that's such a sumple immersive experience.

Soldato
That's good news, I was really impressed with it at EGX but obviously couldn't play everything.

I'm looking forward to Battlezone, Rigs, Batman etc but really want to see what it's like playing Driveclub with my wheel setup, should be good.... roll on tomorrow :)

Associate
Just had a email from a retailer i was getting Eve Valkyrie from and they said "Unfortunately Sony have been unable to supply our full stock requirements on EVE Valkyrie Playstation VR Video Game for Sony (PS4 / PSVR), therefore we will be unable to deliver your order on the day of release." so not happy now :(

Associate
Nice ^ what do you mean by motion controls in Driveclub? How does it play?

Just using the 'tilt'/motion on the standard DS4. Not something I'd usually use, but when you don't have a wheel and you hold the DS4 up in front of you where you're *seeing* your hands on a wheel and they match up as you 'turn' the wheel... the immersion beats the ridiculousness any day ;)

Obviously, if you have a wheel, it would be even better, but this is about accessibility.

Soldato
Just using the 'tilt'/motion on the standard DS4. Not something I'd usually use, but when you don't have a wheel and you hold the DS4 up in front of you where you're *seeing* your hands on a wheel and they match up as you 'turn' the wheel... the immersion beats the ridiculousness any day ;)

Obviously, if you have a wheel, it would be even better, but this is about accessibility.

Ah nice. I have a G29 though ;)

I thought you meant it was usable with the "move" controllers :)

Caporegime

The resolution is obviously lower than the Vive, but the quality of the panel (and lack of screendoor effect) makes it a much closer comparison than expected, and the good games (rigs) handle the resolution superbly such that it's barely noticeable.

Sure, Driveclub VR doesn't look quite as good, but sat in the drivers seat, using motion controls, feels so good.

The biggest problem is the length of the demos, many are just a couple of minutes, and then excessive loading times to reset. This won't be an issue with the full games, but they could have tried harder - I'd barely flown and shot anything in Eve Valkyrie before the demo ended.

Also, I need more distance between the camera and me, as we sit quite close to the TV and sometimes the camera could no longer 'see' the controller when I reached out to the side. Easily fixed though.

Overall (as a Vive Owner) I'm very impressed, and I think they've nailed the mass market requirements for the price. Sure, if you want to spend more and have a high-end PC, the Vive (or Oculus) is somewhat 'better', albeit requiring far more effort. However, for most people (and I suspect a lot of my VR playing) the PSVR is awesome.

I'm looking forward to seeing my wife and daughter play TumbleVR at the weekend, as that's such a sumple immersive experience.
Good to hear - hoping everyone that gets it enjoys it...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Caporegime

I have a question for you, have you ever used Kinect?

Soldato
Just had a email from a retailer i was getting Eve Valkyrie from and they said "Unfortunately Sony have been unable to supply our full stock requirements on EVE Valkyrie Playstation VR Video Game for Sony (PS4 / PSVR), therefore we will be unable to deliver your order on the day of release." so not happy now :(

Buy it off the store digitally perhaps, it's the same price?

Back
Top Bottom