PlayStation 4 Pro in-bound

Soldato
Have any of you guys played an actual uhd disc on your sets?

Only played 4k streams on mine as none of my devices have a 4k uhd player, I can imagine my TV playing a 4k disc will be better but at same time I can't see it being a massive improvement but until I have a uhd drive it's all guess work on my part

Soldato
I've watched 4K streams on my mates Sony set and they are sharper yeah.. but I felt under whelmed. I've just got a Xbox one S and have just got hold of the 4K Mad Max Blu-ray to give it a try. From what I've experienced with streaming and a few reviews I've read it's going to be a big difference in quality along with HDR.

Going to be looking for a 4k set next year when next models are released I think.

Soldato
I've watched 4K streams on my mates Sony set and they are sharper yeah.. but I felt under whelmed. I've just got a Xbox one S and have just got hold of the 4K Mad Max Blu-ray to give it a try. From what I've experienced with streaming and a few reviews I've read it's going to be a big difference in quality along with HDR.

Going to be looking for a 4k set next year when next models are released I think.

Unfortunately at the moment there are so many variables in the chain with 4k and HDR I would be very surprised if you get consistant results.

For an instance there are some 4k Netflix streams that are supposedly very good (like House of Cards), and even then only some scenes where its evident.

In regards to buying 4k discs, what was it mastered at (2k / 4k or something else entirely) not to mention what the hardware itself is capable of. Premium sets generally getting as much out of HDR and 4K as possible but customers being asked to pay through the nose - yet "budget" 4k / hdr sets still being branded as such , and legally they are 4k etc but the quality is so bad in comparison its not worth calling it that.

Within a generation or two hopefully there will be an equalibrium in the technology and therefore a more even representation (and there will be more streams / discs available that show off what has actually been brought)

Soldato
For 99% of the time Destiny on the PS4 chugs along at a rock solid 30fps.

In the latest PVE raid there is one section where the framerate takes a nosedive (down to ~15-20fps) for what seems like no reason (it doesn't happen in arguably more resource intensive areas with similar/identical particle effects).

I have run the section multiple times and sometimes it is fine and others it nosedives. Bungle (developers) are investigating.

Caporegime
OP
For 99% of the time Destiny on the PS4 chugs along at a rock solid 30fps.

In the latest PVE raid there is one section where the framerate takes a nosedive (down to ~15-20fps) for what seems like no reason (it doesn't happen in arguably more resource intensive areas with similar/identical particle effects).

I have run the section multiple times and sometimes it is fine and others it nosedives. Bungle (developers) are investigating.

Bungle?

1D9DTwo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom