What watch do you wear?

VBN

VBN

Associate
The bezel is ceramic with an orange rubber insert - is that correct? My worry would be the orange getting marked over time... Having seen the watch in person SDK^, is it something to worry about? It's the first time I've seen a picture when you posted in this thread and I think I have a serious issue deciding between this and the 300m I was planning on getting next year.

It's a lovely looking watch, prefer the black face though. Would be a contender if I hadn't already spent my watch allowance!

Soldato
The bezel is ceramic with an orange rubber insert - is that correct? My worry would be the orange getting marked over time... Having seen the watch in person SDK^, is it something to worry about? It's the first time I've seen a picture when you posted in this thread and I think I have a serious issue deciding between this and the 300m I was planning on getting next year.

The ceramic bezel is pretty robust and doesn't scratch easy. I've had a ceramic 300m for 3 years and it's unmarked. On the rubber insert - Omega has tested the longevity and when you touch it, it does feel like it's going to last.
They are different watches though; for me the Planet Ocean is a relaxed, sporty, every day watch. The Seamaster 300 is a smart, formal watch to wear with a suit.

Soldato
I am now massively tempted to buy the Pelagos in Blue which I will wear with anything blue and for casual stuff, and then in a couple of months go for something black and dressy for all other situations so that I can have both angles covered. :)
Good man!
icon14.gif

Caporegime
I have just bought a Mondaine Night Vision (like this.)

It takes 22mm straps, and I want a couple of Nato's for it... I was thinking a dark grey single colour, but was wondering what you guys would pair with it? I was thinking perhaps a red, to match the second hand.

Where is a good place to buy straps? :)

Associate
I'm currently in the market for a new watch and I thought I'd pop into this thread to see if anyone has some new ideas for me.

I currently have a 'blumo', I'm sure most of you know it but for those that don't:

http://mulpix.com/instagram/seiko_sumo_blumo.html

and am looking for more of a dress watch to compliment it.

What I'm looking for:
- Dress watch (i.e. non diver)
- Quite minimal looking
- Automatic
- Leather Strap
- White (or light) face
- 40 - 42mm
- Budget £300 - £700

Current ideas for the style I'm looking for are something like:

Christopher Ward C9 Big Day Date:
https://www.christopherward.co.uk/c9-big-day-date-11

or a Tissot Visodate
http://www.tissotwatches.com/products/tissot-heritage-visodate-automatic/T0194301603101.html

Both of those have day windows but that's not something I care about, I like date windows though.

The Chris Ward above is 43mm which seems a little chunky for a dress watch. I'm also pretty clueless when it comes to leather, I've always had bracelets. In fact the last time I had a none bracelet watch it was the 80's and a flik flak.

Just thought I'd see if there was a popular alternative I've not considered.

Associate
The ceramic bezel is pretty robust and doesn't scratch easy. I've had a ceramic 300m for 3 years and it's unmarked. On the rubber insert - Omega has tested the longevity and when you touch it, it does feel like it's going to last.
They are different watches though; for me the Planet Ocean is a relaxed, sporty, every day watch. The Seamaster 300 is a smart, formal watch to wear with a suit.

Thanks for the reply (and all the other replies) - Think I'll have a look at one in person :) It's stunning in all the pictures and I really think I'll try and pick one up next year.

Associate
I'm currently in the market for a new watch and I thought I'd pop into this thread to see if anyone has some new ideas for me.

I currently have a 'blumo', I'm sure most of you know it but for those that don't:

http://mulpix.com/instagram/seiko_sumo_blumo.html

and am looking for more of a dress watch to compliment it.

What I'm looking for:
- Dress watch (i.e. non diver)
- Quite minimal looking
- Automatic
- Leather Strap
- White (or light) face
- 40 - 42mm
- Budget £300 - £700

Current ideas for the style I'm looking for are something like:

Christopher Ward C9 Big Day Date:
https://www.christopherward.co.uk/c9-big-day-date-11

or a Tissot Visodate
http://www.tissotwatches.com/products/tissot-heritage-visodate-automatic/T0194301603101.html

Both of those have day windows but that's not something I care about, I like date windows though.

The Chris Ward above is 43mm which seems a little chunky for a dress watch. I'm also pretty clueless when it comes to leather, I've always had bracelets. In fact the last time I had a none bracelet watch it was the 80's and a flik flak.

Just thought I'd see if there was a popular alternative I've not considered.

Seiko SARB065?

Associate
Caporegime
+1 for the Seiko Cocktail Time, lovely looking watch. I very nearly bought one on a Massdrop offer a while ago. :)

e; Ahh posted before I saw the above reply. I personally think it looks quite classy, not on the wrong side of 'flashy' but its personal preference of course.

Associate
+1 for the Seiko Cocktail Time, lovely looking watch. I very nearly bought one on a Massdrop offer a while ago. :)

e; Ahh posted before I saw the above reply. I personally think it looks quite classy, not on the wrong side of 'flashy' but its personal preference of course.

The reason I mentioned above about not having seen one in person is I wonder about the lighting set up in stock photos. If the watch is deliberately lighted for the photos to show off the face, but is more subtle in person and normal conditions then I think it would be an excellent watch for me.

Think someone has one on these forums. Nice looking watch and it seems to tick all your requirements. This YouTube video gives you a nice look at it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hY2aSqElt4

In work at the minute so can't get youtube, but I'll be sure to look tonight, thanks

Associate
Sigh searching for the hulk is doing my head in..

"no longer taking deposits"
"18 month waiting list"
£1500 extra please..

Is there an abundance of them in Geneva? Am I better flying there and buying one.
At this rate I might just get a bremont :(

Soldato
Sigh searching for the hulk is doing my head in..

"no longer taking deposits"
"18 month waiting list"
£1500 extra please..

Is there an abundance of them in Geneva? Am I better flying there and buying one.
At this rate I might just get a bremont :(

trust me its worth the wait, its the best rolex s/s sports watch imo

i had the black dial and did a deal with watchfinder on a new hulk before the prices went as mental and i dont regret it for a second

Back
Top Bottom