Popping sound from PSU

Associate
Hello all,

Corsair RM650x.

I tend to switch my computer off using the switch on the PSU overnight. Over the last few days when switching the PSU on I'm getting a loud popping sound.

The PC is working as normal but I'm slightly worried that I'm frying something internally.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Many Thanks.

Soldato
Over the last few days when switching the PSU on I'm getting a loud popping sound.

A bad PSU has the possibility of destroying all the components of your PC. If it catches fire, it could burn down your house.

Have you looked inside the PSU? (BE CAREFUL.) Blown air through it?

Soldato
Just don't touch the switch, I always leave mine on unless I'm using disconnecting it, if I have bad weather like lightning then I just unplug from mains.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the responses. I will keep an eye on it. It's still under warranty so will RMA if it fails.

I turn it off at night because things like my Kraken and mouse LED's stay on and they're pretty bright lighting up my bedroom.

Soldato
Thanks for the responses. I will keep an eye on it. It's still under warranty so will RMA if it fails.

I turn it off at night because things like my Kraken and mouse LED's stay on and they're pretty bright lighting up my bedroom.

If that happens best thing is just something to cover it up with, like a sheet of paper, keeps dust out too. You don't want that PSU failing and killing the system though.

Back
Top Bottom