***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Associate
have nearly finnished my MK II crane

Awaiting parts from bricklink to Finnish up the rear to how i want it as i did not like the finnish.

And again i am missing a bit second kit now this has happened.It happens to be a vital bit again the piece of string for the crane :(

Also finnished Wall.e and the mine truck. Just about to start the Arocs

Soldato
No it doesn't

Everyone entitled to their opinion and purchasing morals.

There is obviously a demand or people wouldn't post about it.

I find the high horse approach amusing.

Maybe look at the title again. It's not high horse approach. It's fake counterfeit junk being mixed in with a genuine toys. Having spent time trading and collecting the original star wars toys the fake replica guns and missing parts made the trading market impossible.

Caporegime
What does the title say when when you read it ?

You're really struggling here aren't you. Am I going to have to give you an English lesson?

It is "The Official OCUK Lego Thread".

That is different from the OCUK Official Lego Thread.

The placement of the word official is before OCUK therefore it means that this is the Official Overclockers thread, not the official Lego thread.

It's called a modifier.

Let's try another example;

The good dog is here. Vs Good the dog is here.

Same words, two different meanings. In one the dog is good. Who's a good boy? Who is? In the other the dog is called Good.

Word placement changes meanings. Simple.

Last edited:
Associate
Not sure how true this is but saw this on a hot UK deals comment...

"​​By the end of 2017, LEGO will be able to sell you ANY retired set within 30 days on demand. They want to combat the resellers which are a big problem for LEGO. "LEGO Again" will be opening an eBay shop next Spring and they'll charge a 10% fee over what current RRP would be for ANY set you want. The UCS Millennium Falcon will be available from next May for £429.99. If you have big retired sets, I'd dump them now if I were you! The source is me as I used to work for them!"

Caporegime
Changing the name doesn't make it okay, the key to Lego it's its design, the size of the bricks, the colour combination, the image on the box etc, they are all copyrighted.

How are those chinese knock off flashes doing? :p

You can't just be upset about copyright infringement when it's a brand you love or one of your own pictures :D

Not sure how true this is but saw this on a hot UK deals comment...

"​​By the end of 2017, LEGO will be able to sell you ANY retired set within 30 days on demand. They want to combat the resellers which are a big problem for LEGO. "LEGO Again" will be opening an eBay shop next Spring and they'll charge a 10% fee over what current RRP would be for ANY set you want. The UCS Millennium Falcon will be available from next May for £429.99. If you have big retired sets, I'd dump them now if I were you! The source is me as I used to work for them!"

Why are resellers a problem for lego? It's a set they no longer make and so how can you lose revenue from something you don't make anymore? Someone is just trying to dupe people into putting lego up for sale because they are bitter.

I hope I'm wrong, I'd love to buy a couple of retired sets but I can't see them sending me a UCS Obi Wan starship for only 10% over rrp. Any set, ok I will have some of the 1980's Space and castle lego I had as a kid. RRP for the black knights castle was £16. Here you go Lego here's £20, I'm feeling generous.

Last edited:
Caporegime
How are those chinese knock off flashes doing?

That flash is pretty much in the bin, it's crap, one flash goes off out of five from the Canon. I don't use it, I dread using it.

Also the packaging of that is nothing like the Canon, it doesn't pretend to be a Canon, it is compatible to the Canon.

The Lepin uses the same image Lego on the box, it's not even their photo.

And Lego is a trademark so you don't need to put the word official in front of it for Lego to be "official Lego". Lego automatically implies official Lego.

Caporegime
That flash is pretty much in the bin, it's crap, one flash goes off out of five from the Canon.

Also the packaging of that is nothing like the Canon, it doesn't pretend to be a Canon, it is compatible to the Canon.

The Lepin uses the same image Lego on the box, it's not even their photo.

And Lego is a trademark so you don't need to put the word official in front of it for Lego to be "official Lego". Lego automatically implies official Lego.

Come on it's still a reverse engineered rip off. You knew exactly what you were buying (although you hoped it wouldn't be crap) :D They don't even try to make the back/control etc different.

https://riclatham.com/yongnuo-yn600ex-rt-vs-canon-ex600rt/

How can anyone look at those comparison pics and not know exactly they are buying a knock off at canons expense. You are far from that stupid.

Anyway, just saw the hotukdeals post and it's from lepin, what they probably mean is they are going to be making and taking orders for older sets. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom