**** The Official OnePlus 3 Thread ****

Associate
How is everybody finding the gps performance? I'm about to buy a op3 but just seen a thread on XDA about bad gps performance.

Been fine for me, both in UK and in California last week, and is pretty quick to get a lock. Drops out pretty quickly if you go into a car park etc. but that's hardly surprising, and is not noticeably different to my previous phone (nexus 4).

Soldato
Took me to london and back last week, exactly what are people saying is bad about it?

I think it starts messing up after an hour apparently. It's good if you are outside, but it doesn't work well if you're inside a building (i.e. it's a bit bad for Pokemon Go :p) I used it to get around in Malta (short journeys, 20 minutes) via Google Maps and it always worked perfectly.

Soldato
OP
I think it starts messing up after an hour apparently. It's good if you are outside, but it doesn't work well if you're inside a building (i.e. it's a bit bad for Pokemon Go :p) I used it to get around in Malta (short journeys, 20 minutes) via Google Maps and it always worked perfectly.

generally all gps is poor without line of sight to the sky.

otherwise not had any bother with mine driving for several hours.

Soldato
I've been browsing ads for a used N6, bored of the Z5 and want to move back to a larger amoled display. How does the OP3 compare to the N6? S7 Edge is also an option.

In what way mate what do you want to know. The oneplus 3 is definitely faster and feels nicer in the hand who has a better camera but the Nexus 6 also has a great screen and front facing speakers and being a Nexus it has timely updates.

Soldato
In what way mate what do you want to know. The oneplus 3 is definitely faster and feels nicer in the hand who has a better camera but the Nexus 6 also has a great screen and front facing speakers and being a Nexus it has timely updates.

The N6 was easy to hold for late night reading and speakers good for the odd video. I've read the OP3 is slippery and needs case. Is the drop if screen size noticeable, which do you turn to for web browsing?

Question I'm asking myself is, is it worth trying to find a good condition N6 or get an OP3 or S7E. Not fussed about camera, just good screen and easy to hold.

Edit: watched a couple of in depth reviews last night and it has to be the OP3. Liking the customisations, fast fingerprint sensor and speed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom