** POTENTIALLY THE BEST GAMING MONITORS YET!! ** Acer 34" Ultra-wides

Associate
Anyone got any experience with backlight bleed on the X34A, particularly in comparison to the Asus PG348Q?

I'm on my 2nd Asus and the excessive backlight bleed in the top corners is insane :(

make sure you are looking at the right thing, bleed is white and doesnt change when you move your head around. the glow in the corners which appears yellowish, and does move, is ips glow, and you wont get rid of that, but they will all have the same glow afaik

Soldato
I have been looking into getting the Acer x34a but don't game very much. Is it really worth the extra £500 over something like the AOC U3477PQU (3440x1440, 34" IPS panel, 60hz, no gsync)

Caporegime
I have been looking into getting the Acer x34a but don't game very much. Is it really worth the extra £500 over something like the AOC U3477PQU (3440x1440, 34" IPS panel, 60hz, no gsync)

Not if u don't use it much for gaming, no. I'd personally save the £500 not family forum friendly

(I had an LG 34" before my X34 and it was pretty bloody fantastic!!!)

Last edited:
Soldato
What LG 34"? I do have an Amsterdam stag do coming up in November so may save the money!
Are there great quality panel 34" curved fir around £500?

Soldato
As long as its not more than 3800R curvature or else it will just look distorted.

That's not the case. I've tested various curved screens and gathered good user feedback on them. This includes 35" models with 2000R curvature. It's quite natural-looking and easy to adapt to. Whilst I wouldn't advise such models for design work and suchlike and would be hesitant to recommend any curved screen for such work really, it's absolutely fine and actually quite enjoyable for general use.

Soldato
I caved and ordered an x34a using credit card to collect in store tomorrow. I went in store and asked if it could be setup and checked for defects before leaving the store which they said was fine.

Other than dead pixels and backlight bleed when on a solid black background, is there anything else I should look out for?

edit - Could someone measure for me as can't find it on reviews, what is the width span of the metal feet and how much is the widge from front feet stand to rear of main stand at the back?

I ask because my current monitor is stood on my amplifier (also inbetween 2 floorstanding speaker) no issues with warping from magnets or anything like that

Last edited:
Soldato
Im still mighty chuffed i got my X34 from ocuk for £499 in Jan and still loving it and no problems to this day bargain of the year for me.

Nice, that b grade? I'm still pretty happy i got it for 1k. Didnt want to wait around for it to skyrocket in december. Did think about waiting for black friday but knowing my luck i would miss out and then it could be sold out

Soldato
Jesus, this thing is massive. I spend over an hour re-organising my room just to make space for the box!

No dead pixels, overclocks to 100hz, minimal backlight bleed so all happy. Gsync really does make a big difference in games - buttery smooth goodness even at quite low fps (<60)

What brightnes settings does everyone use? I have mine on standard which is 80 brightness, 50 contrast. gamma 2.2, colour temp warm, colour all at 50, saturation 100

Soldato
Jesus, this thing is massive. I spend over an hour re-organising my room just to make space for the box!

No dead pixels, overclocks to 100hz, minimal backlight bleed so all happy. Gsync really does make a big difference in games - buttery smooth goodness even at quite low fps (<60)

What brightnes settings does everyone use? I have mine on standard which is 80 brightness, 50 contrast. gamma 2.2, colour temp warm, colour all at 50, saturation 100

Enjoy it. Best monitor I've ever owned.

In terms of brightness -80!? Are you using it in a room with direct sunlight? That's waaaay too high. I have mine set at 36, and other settings in line with those on the TFT central review/ calibration recommendations. Aside from burning out your retinas, If you have the brightness too high it also exacerbates any backlight bleed.

Back
Top Bottom