Wedding video editing service?

Associate
Hi guys can anyone recommend an online wedding video editing service? Day before a friends wedding I was asked to video it and I haven't got the time or skills to edit the video. Anyone recommend a company I can send the video files to so they can do it.

Wont be a long one since it was a civil partnership so just guests turning up then the service, then speeches.

Cheers

Associate
none that i'm familiar with.

If i were you I'd drop an email to a couple of wedding video companies and see if any of them were interested.

I've a feeling that you might struggle though as even though as you say it's a simple setup it's still a potential black hole time wise and these guys are usually busy editing their own videos. You might find that if they charge on an hourly basis it can start to get expensive.

Might get some more interest coming into the winter season when it's a bit quieter though.

I've done quite a bit of video editing and some of then have been " rescuing " wedding videos that the wedding party's mate has shot. It's a world of pain.

Sorry to sound a bit pessimistic - Good luck

Associate
Hey there—What kind of camera/setup will you be using to film?

Side note: Have you access to a Mac? Because although it's not going to give you "PROFESSIONAL" results, the iMovie does have some pre, created timelines where you can drop in text/video. Which could be sufficient.

Associate
OP
Hi guys.

Contacted a few people and they were looking silly money. So just editing it myself have edited one before just took me ages so looks like ill be doing it again myself and just taking my time.

Thanks

Associate
You probably won't find a good editor for less than about £200-£250 a day, plus kit hire of about £100 a day. As mentioned, editing takes a long time, so can get expensive.

Associate
Let me know if you're still looking for someone? I freelance with a wedding videographer who also edits. Should do it for £250ish?

Back
Top Bottom