Shadow Warrior 2

Soldato
HDR is something you can only see in person. No video will do it justice.. Having seen it working HDR is excellent.. I dont think I would use it for competitive online shooters though.

Soldato
HDR is something you can only see in person. No video will do it justice.. Having seen it working HDR is excellent.. I dont think I would use it for competitive online shooters though.

Yes it only takes seeing it in person to understand it is a big factor to image quality and games will look much better with it too.
I wonder if monitor specs for next year will be good enough to incorporate it but at what price point?

I talked to one youtuber that owned both a Ultrawide gaming monitor and 4K HDR TV and he says he'd much rather play on the TV but again people will fall into different categories for image quality/scale vs response time and refresh rates.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Yeah, watched some of TB's report the other day.

Given that I like SW1, and dislike Borderlands, and loot/loadouts/progression in general, what he said crystalised what I'd been concerned about with the changes they've made for this sequel. Disappointing.

If you like SW1 you will like SW2.
TB's video focuses on entirely the wrong things and misses one big point and thats the fun factor which is there in spades and it plays pretty much exactly the same as the 1st one, I really dont understand how anyone the liked the first one cant like this one.

None of the loot system has to be touched if you dont want to and neither does the multiplayer. The single player is as strong as the original just not as linear with a massive weapon selection and more player freedom.

Last edited:
Associate
Yes it only takes seeing it in person to understand it is a big factor to image quality and games will look much better with it too.
I wonder if monitor specs for next year will be good enough to incorporate it but at what price point?

I talked to one youtuber that owned both a Ultrawide gaming monitor and 4K HDR TV and he says he'd much rather play on the TV but again people will fall into different categories for image quality/scale vs response time and refresh rates.

I had two monitors for gaming a x34 predator and a SUHD 43" samsung KS8000 @4k

All I can say is you have to see HDR in the flesh not on a you tube video I'll say its the dogs balls :cool:

Took me a week to decide and the X34 got sold.

The TV has very low input lag making it a viable gaming monitor, I don't miss G-Sync one bit.

and IMO shadow warrior 2 looks and plays awesome on it.

Soldato
Thanks for your input, its really nice to read someone enjoying and confirming what others are telling me.
Hope you can confirm for me if you can run custom 21:9 res and still use HDR?

These may all be possible to give you 21:9 at bigger sizes than 34" monitors as well
3840x1600 = 6.14
3440x1440 = 4.95
2560x1080 = 2.76

Additionally if 4K is a bit hard in some games for 60fps framerates and you want to keep max visuals in 16:9 rather than opt for 21:9 you could try
3200x1800 = 5.76

(Standard 4K res = 8.29)

PS can you spare me about 3 grand for this 55" OLED :)

Last edited:
Associate
I had two monitors for gaming a x34 predator and a SUHD 43" samsung KS8000 @4k

All I can say is you have to see HDR in the flesh not on a you tube video I'll say its the dogs balls :cool:

Took me a week to decide and the X34 got sold.

The TV has very low input lag making it a viable gaming monitor, I don't miss G-Sync one bit.

and IMO shadow warrior 2 looks and plays awesome on it.

Got to agree, I've gotten rid of all my monitors and just use a Sammy KS8000 now for gaming/desktop stuff. Desktop is amazing because you can split the 49" into effectively 4 quadrants for 4 25" 1080p displays.

Soldato
Picked up no.1 tonight.
Only had time for a quick spin, but Wang is such a great character, singing along to "You've got the touch"! Thought my mobile was going off since it's my ring tone. :D

Soldato
I've got to the point, around 60% completed after 20hours, were my weapons of which are mostly gold/blue just don't seem to cut it on Hard.

Spent tons of my cash testing the crafting out, reset my skills a few times and now can't seem to find a nice balance for the combat. :eek:

This game is ****** brilliant, I normally loathe single player games but this is right up there and even in the running for GOTY (not too hard considering the drivel this year)

Soldato
Finished it yesterday. I would say it has better moment-to-moment gameplay, amazing gunplay and weapon variety, enemy variety, great dialogue. But I did not much like the level design, too few environment types, maps feel a bit recycled. Overall strong 8/10 though, great game. The songs during final battle and then in credits were brilliant :)

Soldato
This game is absolutely superb. It's reminds me allot of Borderands 2 which is perfect as that's my all time fav game.
The graphics are also very nice and I love the humour. So pleased I picked this one up, I am just surprised it's not more popular.

Back
Top Bottom