What watch do you wear?

Soldato
It's a nice watch. I personally didn't go for it as I see sooo many of them in meetings etc. I went for a Breitling SuperOcean Heritage instead.

Caporegime
Do it - I have the black version and haven't regretted buying it three years ago. the 'wet look' dial looks awesome, as does the lume at night :)

Nice! I would have considered the black if it had been my only watch, but I have the Longines Hydroconquest in black, and would really like a blue watch.

I'm not finally decided yet, but it looks like a contender.

It's a nice watch. I personally didn't go for it as I see sooo many of them in meetings etc. I went for a Breitling SuperOcean Heritage instead.

The Breitling SuperOcean Heritage is a damn nice watch, only the bezel and lack of marking bugs me... makes it less of a practical divers watch.

Associate
Well, after much internal debate and soul-searching I am leaning towards the Omega Seamaster Diver 300m Co-Axial Automatic 41mm 212.30.41.20.03.001 in blue.

Beautiful watch - I bought the old model in 2006 and always regretted chopping it in for my Sub... especially with the new prices :eek:

It is however on my list as next possible purchase (again I loved it that much).. nearly pulled the trigger last Tuesday but real life keeps getting in the way... DAMN GARAGE CONVERSION

Have you tried one on? I have the Brosnan era one, blue dial, virtually the same as above. Just didn't get on with it. Felt quality etc,

Each to their own but I found that watch to be the most comfortable metal strap I have ever worn :p

The other I like is the 600m with the orange and black dial which I have mentioned before. If I had to have one watch in this price bracket - I think I'd still go for the 300m. And in blue.

Must resist.......

Soldato
The Breitling SuperOcean Heritage is a damn nice watch, only the bezel and lack of marking bugs me... makes it less of a practical divers watch.

The Superocean, in true Breitling fashion is robbed of its potential by being overloaded with detail and numbers. The bezel also lacks sophistication. All of this is just my opinion of course :)

Commissario
15740458852_90fa667a44_c.jpg
That's a nice picture, the AR is superb, looks as though there's no glass at all.

Caporegime
Well, after much internal debate and soul-searching I am leaning towards the Omega Seamaster Diver 300m Co-Axial Automatic 41mm 212.30.41.20.03.001 in blue.

It is classically styled and instantly recognisable, discreetly sized, dresses up or down very well, and can be had for a very reasonable £2000 exc. VAT.

Throwaway statement alert. :p

I assume you mean £400. Where I live I would likely be looking at 30-50% more than that.
That's the only omega I'd buy, otherwise a Tudor pelagos blue. The former is the best looking omega diver ever made imho. Pelagos blue best ever of all brands. Such a clean looking design. The older model with the ETA movement is actually becoming much more sought after now by collectors on the dive watch group in on. No one wants to buy the newer tudors with the unproven inhouse movement that will likely suffer teething issues and high service costs. Whereas an ETA, any competent watchmaker should be able to service it at a proper price.

Caporegime
That's the only omega I'd buy, otherwise a Tudor pelagos blue. The former is the best looking omega diver ever made imho. Pelagos blue best ever of all brands. Such a clean looking design. The older model with the ETA movement is actually becoming much more sought after now by collectors on the dive watch group in on. No one wants to buy the newer tudors with the unproven inhouse movement that will likely suffer teething issues and high service costs. Whereas an ETA, any competent watchmaker should be able to service it at a proper price.

Yeah, if the older Pelagos with ETA had a blue version I'd be all over it... sadly Black is all it has. :(

Associate
Theres no way the old ETA version will be worth more than an in house movement down the line. Every ETA in a fancy frock hasnt done well previously. Well done on Tudor in making the jump in all honesty.

Sold my ETA pelagos when the new in house one was released. Sometimes considered buying another - the blue one :)

Man of Honour
Theres no way the old ETA version will be worth more than an in house movement down the line. Every ETA in a fancy frock hasnt done well previously. Well done on Tudor in making the jump in all honesty.

Sold my ETA pelagos when the new in house one was released. Sometimes considered buying another - the blue one :)

It certainly looks like that's the way things are heading though. After all, the Pelagos is the first of its kind to have a list of features on a single watch that not many (if any?) have.

Soldato

It is classically styled and instantly recognisable, discreetly sized, dresses up or down very well, and can be had for a very reasonable £2000 exc. VAT.

Throwaway statement alert. :p

I assume you mean £400. Where I live I would likely be looking at 30-50% more than that.

Sorry I meant 450 , my fat fingers missed a 5!

Where are you that it's 50% more ?

Caporegime

I don't think anyone said ETA would be worth more than an in-house in the future. It would, however, likely be easier and cheaper to service. :)

Back
Top Bottom