PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
So how would you all rate this PS VR?

Are the graphics any good?

Well I'd rate it 10/10 as it was much beter than I expected.

It's not about the graphics as such as you're not getting 4K or anything like that, in the case of Drive Club the graphics are quite lo res and seem blurry.

However, it is more about the experience and in the case of Batman for instance and many others the 'graphics' are very good. You dont see things as graphics really but more as objects as you interact with them, you actually feel like you are there and that's not something a graphics alone can achieve. It really is hard to explain though and is more of a case trying it. I don't know anyone yet who has tried it and not been impressed.

Associate
just bought the PSVR + camera, but could not find the move controllers in stock. having a blast but do not seem to get a looking at the moment with my 5 year old nephew hogging it. been watching him for the last few hours and noticed sometimes it looses connection with the t.v occasionally untill the game is restarted, anyone else experiencing this?

Soldato
Holy dick balls Thumper is intense! My fave PSVR game at the mo.

I got my headset today and initial impressions weren't great. First thing I tried was the shark experience which, while fun, felt very Oculus Rift development kit. The visual in PSVR are blurry and tbh I was expecting more. Rez was on next and, for me at least, didn't really benefit from being in VR. Totally worth price regardless, but a big TV (or better yet a projector) is the best way to play Rez. Then Batman jumped in and The Heist and things got loads better. Now I felt what it's really like to be put inside a video game and what's great about VR. When done right it's more absorbing than anything you get on a flat panel. And then Thumper and I haven't stopped playing! It's mental. So all in all PSVR, like the other VR solutions, feels more like proof of concept than ready product. There's definitly loads of fun to be had and the novelty and immersion it brings is the most exciting thing to happen to gaming in years, but it does leave you thinking how great things are going to be. When we have 4k running at 120 fps in each eye it's going to be ridiculously amazing :D

I don't regret the purchase, however. It's cool a ****. Now back to Thumper.

Soldato
I've been played Until Dawn Rush of Blood tonight, OMG it's one scary/jumpy game!

I totally lost track of time playing it, it pretty much kept me occupied all night and I haven't quite finished it yet. Well worth the £13.99, pity I wont sleep tonight, lol

Soldato
I've been played Until Dawn Rush of Blood tonight, OMG it's one scary/jumpy game!

I totally lost track of time playing it, it pretty much kept me occupied all night and I haven't quite finished it yet. Well worth the £13.99, pity I wont sleep tonight, lol

I finished it the other night, took me a few short goes to get used to it, but after that I managed a 2 hour session on it to finish it off.

Soldato
Tried this today at Game. Not bad, more immersive than I thought.
I think I'll wait for this to pick up a bit however. Maybe even wait for Rift CV2

V F

V F

Soldato

The house still in one piece?

Soldato

I just tried the first level - great stuff. Got a good jump scare :)

I take back what I said about Rez earlier. Weirdly enough playing standing up is quite a different experience and added something. The Headmasters demo was enough to get a purchase too.

Man of Honour
So I purchased my first game today (excluding job sim for kids), Rez Inf.....

Loved every second of it... but it seemed way to easy. In two short session I got all the way to Area X with only a couple of fails.

I must say though Area X is one of the most jaw dropping visuals I've yet seen in a game.

The whole experience is like being thrown into a mad version of Tron... :)

Downside, I dreamt in wireframe all night :D

Back
Top Bottom