Dell S2716DG - Dells first G-sync

Associate
What's a good paired monitor with this one btw? I'm thinking of getting a secondary monitor, which will also be 27", ideally Dell to match the aesthetics. I guess just a standard 60hz, nothing fancy, just something to browse the net/watch videos on the side.

Associate
What's a good paired monitor with this one btw? I'm thinking of getting a secondary monitor, which will also be 27", ideally Dell to match the aesthetics. I guess just a standard 60hz, nothing fancy, just something to browse the net/watch videos on the side.

Having had a quick look the U2717D is the best match, it uses the same button layout and stand. Unfortunately it is about the same price as the S2716DG :(

Associate
Having had a quick look the U2717D is the best match, it uses the same button layout and stand. Unfortunately it is about the same price as the S2716DG :(

Heh, yeah. I can't justify paying same price for a 2nd monitor. Going to keep my eyes open for 2nd hand 27" monitors.

Associate
Also, my new Dell arrived today. Only took 2 days to arrive directly from Dell. A03 as expected and absolutely no issues from what I can see so far. It's my 4th one, and hopefully my last :p

I'll see what it's like after being on it for a few days, but hopefully it's all working perfectly from here on out.

Associate
Anyone else using an ICC profile on theirs? I'm using the one from TFT central which looks much nicer than default, but I would prefer to not use one.

Associate
Anyone have these weird artifacts when minimizing/going back into a game? It's really off putting lol

I've had a problem with artifacting on the desktop, especially when scrolling on webpages. It's an nvidia driver issue, switching to a different refresh rate then back to 144hz fixes it until the next reboot. New nvidia driver installed yesterday but I've not had time to test to see if it is resolved yet.

Soldato
I've had a problem with artifacting on the desktop, especially when scrolling on webpages. It's an nvidia driver issue, switching to a different refresh rate then back to 144hz fixes it until the next reboot. New nvidia driver installed yesterday but I've not had time to test to see if it is resolved yet.

or... what will also probably solve this ...
set your max refresh rate in the Nvidia control panel to 120hz.

Most games should still use the max 144hz even if you've done the above. Though some do seem (EG. the DOOM reboot) check to see what you've set (IE. will max out at 120hz).

Soldato
Guys. I'm looking at this monitor to go alongside my U2715H for primarily gaming. Do you think it's worth buying the A03 or waiting for the next revision?

Given that there were no major changes between A02 and A03 and Dell's history of the newest revisions changing very little, I see little point in waiting if you want the monitor.

Soldato
Just bought one of these and a stupid question:

I've plugged it in, both DP and the USB, works fine, have manually adjusted display settings in Nvidia control panel to how I like them. G-Sync says its on...so is that all I need to do?

I've also set the refresh rate to 144Hz, presumably that is the upper limit and it will just track whatever frames my GPU kicks out when playing games?

Sorry, don't understand all this new tech properly!

Back
Top Bottom