Lost my 8 week old - Brain Tumor

Soldato
Story is up in the Sheffield Star: http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/heart...t-week-old-baby-ivy-to-brain-tumour-1-8203774

So sorry to hear about this. There are few things that make me more sad than hearing about the death of a child. As a parent, I always feel a pang of empathy and you can't help but contemplate what it would be like to lose one of your own children.

I live in Sheffield and work in Chesterfield, so not too far away. Bluebell Wood is a great charity though - and certainly well known around these parts.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The story is actually the full front page of the local Star newspaper :)
14708332_10153849692543414_5902710032229186546_n.jpg

We seem to have had a fair few donations because of it as well :)

Thank you all once more for the support and donations

Soldato
I tend to try to avoid these types of threads because I want to be able to say something that might help but simply can't. I'm so sorry for your loss, I can not comprehend it :(

Associate
Genuinely brought me to tears. So sorry to hear of your loss, but delighted to hear of the support you had. Those last few days will always mean so much to you both.

All the best.
Going to donate!!

Soldato
OP
We have just gone past £5k!

I keep saying it but thank you all so much, it really does mean a lot to myself and my wife that we have been able to do this for the hospice, and to have such kind words of support and donatioms from people, for the majority, i have never even spoken too, never mind met, is just so heart warming :)

We have just arrived at bluebell wood to spend the night here ready for the funeral tomorrow. Her basket that she will be in when we say goodbye is already here and the staff are going to help us move her across to that tonight :)

Back
Top Bottom