BMW 335D engine

Soldato
OP
I am indeed still alive ;) Doing very well indeed thanks boys!

The Z3 diesel project didn't go anywhere as predicted, however I do have another one which is coming along nicely. I have a fully built PD150 motor that I put together which is currently sat on a pallet. Based on similar builds (not as comprehensive as mine) it should make around 340ish bhp on straight diesel, then around the 400 mark on NOS.

That will eventually go in to a stripped out MK1 Audi TT quattro along with the O2M box and Wavetrac diffs I have also sat on said pallet.

Don
I have a fully built PD150 motor that I put together which is currently sat on a pallet. Based on similar builds (not as comprehensive as mine) it should make around 340ish bhp on straight diesel, then around the 400 mark on NOS.

That will eventually go in to a stripped out MK1 Audi TT quattro along with the O2M box and Wavetrac diffs I have also sat on said pallet.

Seems like another fairly pointless pipedream project. Surely extracting 300bhp out of the 1.8T lump would be easier, than doing a complete swap to a heavy diesel engine, and then trying to tune that.

Soldato
OP
Seems like another fairly pointless pipedream project. Surely extracting 300bhp out of the 1.8T lump would be easier, than doing a complete swap to a heavy diesel engine, and then trying to tune that.

Not sure who you are mate, or what you think gives you the right to
call other people's projects and passions "pointless" and you sure as hell don't know me, nor do you know where I'm at with this project. So perhaps hold your tongue next time, or at least engage in polite conversation to form those loft opinions of yours.

Also unsure as to why you're being a sarcastic **** either Paradigm. Remember who got everyone together to collect money to replace your 1.8T engine when it took a career change at Silverstone on that track day? Have a bit of respect mate, you've never been an idiot to my face so I'd appreciate it if you didn't on here.

Some people like jap cars, others like american muscle, it doesn't matter what you're in to as long as it makes you happy and doesn't hurt anybody else.

My thing is tuned turbo diesels. I like the power delivery, I like the way they sound (shock horror!) and if you do a little bit of googling for "Fastest 1.9 TDI" or "300bhp TDI" you'll see plenty of people taking the PD110/PD130/PD150 motor, bolting on a GTB2260 and a set of nozzles and having great fun with them in a variety of cars for not a lot of money.

Currently I'm driving a 4.2l V8 lifted Touareg with straight pipes and mud tyres, so don't think I don't enjoy petrols either!

As for the handling of a TT with a diesel engine, Michael Boak races a TT TDI in an autocross series (not sure which) against all types of other cars. He wins fairly consistently and his car handles great!

The PD engine isn't THAT heavy in all fairness and with a good suspension set up and some other weight distribution methods you can actually get a pretty well balanced car. My Leon for example was a perfect 60/40 F/R distribution and that was with a totally stripped out rear. Chris as Centre Gravity who did the suspension set up was absolutely blown away by how well it handled and how well it put the power down.

RE the gearbox, I'll be using the internals from my O2M and replacing those on the 6 speed petrol box.

I appreciate it's not for everyone and that's fine, because guess who's bankrolling this project :)

I promise you when it's finally done you'll have a hard time picking fault with it. Yes I could have built a 1.8T TT instead, but that's not in any way original and the thought of a stripped out, track prepped and set up, DTM wide body MK1 TT murdered out with a huge wing and a 1.9TDI motor producing 400bhp on NOS really tickles my pickle and if it does nothing for you, I'm okay with that :)

Permabanned
Everyone is missing the critical point.

OP is American or in America. They do really stupid things all the time, and many people are obsessed with diesels because they think its cool, and its different to the usual 25L/100km 98bhp 5.4L engines they are used to.

I wasted time on youtube watching American idiots doing stunts in big pickups and they all got excited over which massive diesel cruiseship engine in their trucks was producing the most black smoke out of the exhaust pipe.

Can you fit an M5 v10 motor into a Z3?

Soldato

OP is American or in America. They do really stupid things all the time, and many people are obsessed with diesels because they think its cool, and its different to the usual 25L/100km 98bhp 5.4L engines they are used to.

I wasted time on youtube watching American idiots doing stunts in big pickups and they all got excited over which massive diesel cruiseship engine in their trucks was producing the most black smoke out of the exhaust pipe.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Caporegime
Instead of being a total --snip-- to anyone who dares question your idea, why not explain it instead? You are capable of doing so, I assume?

No Personal Insults - Armageus

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
OP

I started this project in England and I'm British.

Back
Top Bottom