Road Cycling

Soldato
I'm quite enjoying riding the Mustang :p It has an annoying squeak from the front wheel which I think is from the smallest of contact between the rotor and stationary pad that needs sorting this weekend
I have a slight one too from the front but only hear it when the bike is stationary and I 'rock' it slightly, don't hear anything when wheel is rolling and barely noticeable when bike is in the stand. Quite annoying even though I've done nothing to try and resolve it yet. I'm betting it's an alignment issue as the front is what I get tons of noise from in the wet too... Don't know the first thing about discs so I've not researched it yet to figure it out! ;)

Re: Jersey, you're welcome! :p ;)
Thanks - just ordered some black ones directly from Pogu. :)
:cool:

Sure I got mine from Wiggle on a deal and really should get more (Wiggle site was down earlier so didn't link it).

Soldato
I have a gilet. It's not baggy, but then I'm Augustus Gloop. I wouldn't want one of their jackets, though.

You seem to ride well irrespective of whatever weight you carry around. Anyway keep riding more and watch the calories and you'll be practically ******g invisible by next summer. :cool:

Soldato
I have a slight one too from the front but only hear it when the bike is stationary and I 'rock' it slightly, don't hear anything when wheel is rolling and barely noticeable when bike is in the stand. Quite annoying even though I've done nothing to try and resolve it yet. I'm betting it's an alignment issue as the front is what I get tons of noise from in the wet too... Don't know the first thing about discs so I've not researched it yet to figure it out! ;)

This one sounds like a car alarm at times! I can see a fag papers gap on the rear one but can't see any gap on the front so I'm sure that's what it is. The garage is crammed so I need to wait until the weekend to get it outside and sort it out. Manual says I need a 0.3mm gap. My front is really noisy when I pull up but TBH I don't mind that. Saves having a bell for getting pedestrians attention :D

Now they have started bedding in I'm really impressed with the braking. Even though they are A) cable operated and B) cheapie Tektro's they still destroy my rim brakes with Swisstop pads.

Associate
I rode a few hours after them solo :)

Hi y'all. Been ages since I was on here but wanted to chime in to say it was a pleasure to meet BennyC in Majorca for a couple of rides. Kudos to him for the amount he rode and climbed, would have killed me I think, need to build up to that sort of milage for next time!

If anyone is thinking of Majorca for a cycling holiday, bite the bullet, it was our first time and we absolutely loved it. Might become an annual thing with the g/f around October now and might be going back on my own around April (girlfriends suggestion!! - she's a keeper!!).

Sadly my commutes to work this week have been mostly filled with swears and curses about the state of British tarmac, absolutely dire in comparison to the smooth carpet of Majorca. *Dreamy eyes* :rolleyes:

Soldato
This one sounds like a car alarm at times!
Haha, mine (thankfully) only sounds like a car horn when I brake harder than a 'speed scrub'. I have to brake quite hard in the dry for it, but this time of year with moisture around it'll do it even when the roads are not 'damp' (so most mornings & evenings). Have used it a couple of times when I think pedestrians are going to step out on me, so it actually works 2 fold there (slowing me & warning them!). But I have scared numerous OAPs/Cats/Dogs/children with it also (without needing to)! :rolleyes:

Going to read up on brake adjustment/pad alignment this afternoon (slow day and looking for distractions before I do something complicated at work!) ;)
Hi y'all. Been ages since I was on here but wanted to chime in to say it was a pleasure to meet BennyC in Majorca for a couple of rides. Kudos to him for the amount he rode and climbed, would have killed me I think, need to build up to that sort of milage for next time!
Utterly utterly jealous of the photos you both uploaded! Kudos! :cool: :p

I really really want to get out there (or anywhere for that matter) but with very little annual holiday and a girlfriend who's not interested in riding outside of commuting I don't think it's possible. At least not a whole week away! Best I can probably get is a hot summer destination and getting out for a day or two solo. Gah! :(

Associate
I really really want to get out there (or anywhere for that matter) but with very little annual holiday and a girlfriend who's not interested in riding outside of commuting I don't think it's possible. At least not a whole week away! Best I can probably get is a hot summer destination and getting out for a day or two solo. Gah! :(

Booo, propose a long weekend cycling getaway for yourself! not much to ask! 2 days annual leave either side of a weekend maybe? Thats what I'm aiming to do in April, just 3-4 days over a weekend.

If you really want it she'll understand ;)

Soldato
http://road.cc/content/news/209429-...ays-hes-never-raced-gets-four-year-doping-ban

BC Member that doesn't even race but ordered drugs online got banned from racing. Strava warrior?

Lol be careful if you're going mushroom picking on the weekend, or smoking some dope to 'look cool' :rolleyes::
Pat Myhill, director of operations at UKAD, said: “I would encourage anyone who has information about the purchase or supply of performance and image enhancing drugs to contact us in confidence via 08000 322332 or via reportdoping.com.”

Soldato

Toying with the idea of renting a large villa mid October with some spare capacity for people to just drop in for a few days at a time.

That said there are hotels with apartments with sofa beds which are also appealing for the same purpose.

If/when I revisit in 2017 I'll either go B&B or half-board as whilst the hotel food is more than adequate anything more than a week and it'd get boring. Not to mention the flexibility & variety, change of scenery and local culture that you get from eating out.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Am I missing something?

http://www.decathlon.co.uk/turbo-ro...ranSiteID=TnL5HPStwNw-kjPXWbukY0oKGeZrMWY61g#

Seems very cheap? It's it normally like 700 for this one?
You're thinking of the Muin?

The Roteo, from what I gather, is a renamed/branded Muin with the add-on Misuro speed/cadence sensor built in. It's 'smart' as it calculates power and broadcasts it, but I don't think it supports FEC-C so the trainer is not 'controlled smart' (ie it won't increase resistance from Zwift). Similar to how my KK RoadMachine operates with it's InRide sensor.

I think it's basically a direct drive fluid trainer, with a power meter, but without any resistance control (apart from you changing gear).

Toying with the idea of renting a large villa mid October with some spare capacity for people to just drop in for a few days at a time.
Sounds awesome!

I'm not saying that I need to 'get away' from the other half, it's just going somewhere which would give me some cycling options without her being bored to death of the place after a couple of days by the pool/exploring. We don't tend to sit by the pool/on the beach more than a few days, much preferring to explore and experience places! ;)

The majority of European summer places we've been the last few years are fantastic for riding, just we happen to go June/July when the weather is so hot, I consider it 'too hot' to ride! :rolleyes:

She's looking at deals for next year at the moment and Europe 4* is looking 30-40% more expensive than America 5* :eek:

Soldato
Had another Zwift race last night. Felt like crap though, whole family is coming down with a cough/ cold but thought I'd stick it out. Ate a bit too close to the start as well, that felt like a bad time.
Sat mid pack and finished up 29th of 50 over the 1 lap of Watopia figure 8 course. 251w average over 20 and 2.65w/kg isn't great, but might have a fat burger at lunch to get some energy back and hit one tonight while the wife is out.
It's good though, it gets you pushing more when you might not be feeling it.

Back
Top Bottom