What will happen to the current macbooks when they announce the new ones?

fez

fez

Caporegime
They will drop the prices of the rMBP and discontinue the non retina one I imagine. The price drop probably won't be as much as you would expect.

Associate
The new ones will probably be quite a bit more expensive than there equivalent current models and they will blame it on the week pound. So possible the old ones won't be heavily discounted.

Caporegime
Doubt it, they still charge £899 for the Ivybridge i5 MBP, with 4gb memory and 5400rpm drive...
The screen on that is about as low resolution as they come!

that doesn't make sense - you doubt it but then gave an example of an old model that has been discounted relative to its original price

Soldato
that doesn't make sense - you doubt it but then gave an example of an old model that has been discounted relative to its original price

Launched at $1199? Doesn't seem like a great discount to me.
I'm pretty sure that laptop has been cheaper from Apple themselves also. I'm aware the pound has been destroyed, but it's pretty grim that it's still for sale at that price.

Soldato
One thing that really irritates me about Apple Stores, is when you go in there and ask about a new model that everyone knows is going to be released imminently, they will completely deny all knowledge and convince you to buy the current model. Obviously it's all a sales ploy but you'd expect a bit more honesty about where you money would be best spent.

Man of Honour
One thing that really irritates me about Apple Stores, is when you go in there and ask about a new model that everyone knows is going to be released imminently, they will completely deny all knowledge and convince you to buy the current model. Obviously it's all a sales ploy but you'd expect a bit more honesty about where you money would be best spent.

From a normal shop maybe but not from the cult temples that are Apple stores.

Soldato
The current rMBP will be replaced with the new model, the old models I think have appeared on the refurb store in the past and they will just try and sell off stock to other resellers.

They wont list the 2015 model next to the 2016 on the website at different prices etc if thats what your looking for.

Back
Top Bottom