*** The Elder Scrolls 5 - Skyrim Official Thread ***

Caporegime
So, anyone getting this on Friday? I've watched a few videos online and it does look to be a worthy improvement over the old one, plus the gameplay looks smoother.

I can't wait. :cool:

Soldato
Yes.

When it was announced, I swore I wouldn't bother. Then the comparison videos started appearing, and my brother owes me a birthday present, and Skyrim is pretty much my favourite game of all time (even better than my previous favourite, Street Fighter 2), so I have to have it.

Another couple of hundred hours will be spent on it I'm sure.
I'm already thinking what character I'll go with for the first play through. I think I'll do a pure mage (robes only, no armour) as I really enjoyed that last time I did it, and I think conjuration. The Ritual stone power when there are loads of corpses about it always a laugh. Not sure it that will be powerful enough for master difficulty, but we shall see.

Caporegime
I've only ever played one class on every TES game, and that's a Dark Elf mage. I've never once tried anything different. :o Might go for a full on tank warrior or something this time.

This is pretty cool though:

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm not sure what's going on in this trailer but Skyrim Remastered looks absolutely nothing like this on Xbone. In fact, it's identical to the Xbox 360 version but with better textures. There are zero improvements to the lighting like in the trailer.

Soldato
The PS4's crappy mod support put me off. I was tempted, even though I own the Legendary edition through Steam (not hugely useful these days given I only have a 1st gen Surface), but I'm not sure there's enough here to keep me interested.

Soldato
Looks good, although not great. Textures are still quite poor in places. Overall pleased with it though, as I never managed to play much of this when it was first released years ago.

Cant get any of the mods to work though! (ps4)

Caporegime
My son is playing it and no crashes so far, maybe 2hrs in

It must have just been a hiccup. I've given it a good go today and it's not crashed since that first one. I can see some of the improvements with lighting now, it's most apparent at sunrise/sunset when the sun is low in the sky and everything gets bathed in a softer light. The textures are definitely better and haven't had any frame rate issues. Very pleased overall.

Back
Top Bottom