** POTENTIALLY THE BEST GAMING MONITORS YET!! ** Acer 34" Ultra-wides

Associate
Has anyone successfully activated the Acer extended service plan (4 or 5 year carry-in) for the X34 (Freesync version)?

I purchased it a few days ago (monitor is now 11 months old, you have to activate within 365 days of purchase) but when I went to activate it I received an error saying that the plan was "not compatible" with this monitor and the support team confirmed this (no explanation why). Currently trying to get a refund. Seems bizarre that they do not even mention any restrictions on the store page before you purchase. Not impressed.

Soldato
Got in touch with Acer regarding a possible repair on my broken screen x34, £37.20 for them to collect and give me a price for a repair.

May aswell send it in and see what price they come back with for a new panel if possible.

Caporegime
Got in touch with Acer regarding a possible repair on my broken screen x34, £37.20 for them to collect and give me a price for a repair.

May aswell send it in and see what price they come back with for a new panel if possible.

Well, at least it's an option even if it's going to be fairly expensive. Just a massive paperweight without a fix :(

Soldato
30 brightness, 50 contrast? Maybe i just got used to high brightness on my old monitor

Here it recommends lowering contrast and increasing brightness - http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/acer-...qhd-curved-g-sync-monitor,review-33543-3.html

Interesting, had a quick read of the tomshardware review with their notes about the calibration and reducing contrast, whilst slightly upping the user RGB settings. I've given it a quick whirl and can't see any major benefits/ losses but need to test some more (using Lagom etc is a good starting point http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/contrast.php)

Also, quick note about the brightness setting - I'm pretty sure that the standard user environment/ settings to use are for "Brightness 120cd/m2" which they recommend a monitor setting of brightness at 33. This is in line with the TFT central findings, and most of us on here.

Soldato
Forgot to post here, Acer got in touch with me Friday to repair my x34 would cost £681 inc vat.

I'm already up and running on the Rog 34" so not sure whether to get this repaired or not as at that price hardly make anything on selling it once repaired.

Soldato
Forgot to post here, Acer got in touch with me Friday to repair my x34 would cost £681 inc vat.

I'm already up and running on the Rog 34" so not sure whether to get this repaired or not as at that price hardly make anything on selling it once repaired.

yep not worth it, as gutted as i would feel i would just bin it and forget about it

Soldato
Sorry if I missed this in a previous post but why isn't this a warranty repair?

I knocked it over and smashed the panel, not covered under warranty.

yep not worth it, as gutted as i would feel i would just bin it and forget about it

Probably way I'll go with it, shame really but atleast with the ROG it's covered via Amazon if anything happens to it.

Soldato
Sorry to ask again folks, but upon further investigation it seems that this "scanline" effect occurs when the monitor is overclockered to 100Hz.

Its EVER so faint, but you can see what is best described as scanlines really more than anything.

If I disable the overclock its back to normal...

Googling seems to reveal this as a regular occurrence, but I would like to ask you all if you could shed any light on this?

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom