Titanfall 2

Soldato
I was jet lagged and couldn't sleep beyond 5 this morning so I had a few games.

Very fun, a bit laggy and I'm rubbish so far. Going to stick at it though. I can see some awesome plays being made when I get to grips with the wall running and sliding.

Permabanned
I was jet lagged and couldn't sleep beyond 5 this morning so I had a few games.

Very fun, a bit laggy and I'm rubbish so far. Going to stick at it though. I can see some awesome plays being made when I get to grips with the wall running and sliding.

Yep, defo takes a bit of time to get into the flow. It's just so much faster then anything else I've played, even when compared to the original.

I think people forget just how mobile you have to be in a game like this. You CANNOT afford to stand still for a moment. I personally think that the grappling hook should be a default bit of kit. It's utility makes it essential regardless of map or loadout.

Played Bounty Hunt all weekend. Such an incredible idea for a mode. Show cases everything the game gets right in the frantic nature of it's core loop.

Associate
Really enjoying this, never really played the first one and CoD didn't float my boat. Only played a little of campaign and 2 quick MP matches.

Titans are epic, the fps run and gun reminds me of original UT on steroids.

What is going in with EA? First bf1 now this!

Soldato
I also learned (and probably not quickly enough) that Humans are super squishy and shouldn't take on a Titan when there is no where to hide.

But it is fun taking their batteries out. Even if I often die right away after :)

Associate
I also learned (and probably not quickly enough) that Humans are super squishy and shouldn't take on a Titan when there is no where to hide.

But it is fun taking their batteries out. Even if I often die right away after :)

There's something oddly satifing about squashing all the AI grunts on bounty hunt mode

Soldato
We should get a few games together on here. Remember if you steal a battery go put it in a friendly titan, you benefit, they benefit everyone benefits.

Tbh I was really enjoying BF1 but now ive played this it reminded me how much a love non stop fast fps games, shamefully i'll put hours into this and the new cod just because I can run around aimlessly and usually do very well. Finished top many times in this as so many people don't use their jump packs , slide etc...

Associate
Having a ton of fun with multiplayer; I'm sad not many people seem to be playing CTF though because I think it's the best mode. Encountering lagging players with stupid one-hit melee kills can be frustrating, but in general I really like it.

Impressive to see what Respawn have managed to do with the Source engine too.

Soldato
Its great, visuals in mp are a bit lacking but what isnt off the back of bf1. I hope it continues to sell, the launch sales were less to that of the originals xb1 only numbers :O

I do think it would suit a pad and auto aim on console really well, hitting while wall running etc would feel a lot more successful but doing fairly well

Anyone found any player mp stats ingame? Like kills deaths etc? Seems to be absent

Soldato
Out of 10 how good is this game. Honestly. I'm no fan of Battlefield type games, more new Doom and the likes for first person (aka I need shields and not sniped the minute I move from behind a wall). Thanks.

Soldato
id say 8-9/10 personally, having not played cod for years it feels refreshing to return to something that was made by the original infinity ward team. CoD4 and MW2 were there last games before moving on to make titanfall

not so much sniping as everyone moves so quick, its still an option though. smaller more focused maps and team sizes make it flow better imo

Associate
Just finished the 2nd campaign mission (the platforming level) and wowza, very creative stuff. Buttery smooth and still pretty at 1440p 21:9 with my 1080 Strix :D
GOnna finish the campaign and play some MP before moving onto BF1

Soldato
Its great, visuals in mp are a bit lacking but what isnt off the back of bf1. I hope it continues to sell, the launch sales were less to that of the originals xb1 only numbers :O

I do think it would suit a pad and auto aim on console really well, hitting while wall running etc would feel a lot more successful but doing fairly well

Anyone found any player mp stats ingame? Like kills deaths etc? Seems to be absent

Stats aren't in the game so there is no way to check your KDR, Win Ratio etc...

They are coming they just didn't have time to implement the displaying of them before release which is odd, all stats are being recorded though so when they implement it, it will update.

Personally wish they would leave them out, means people generally play the objective better and enjoy the game, not concentrate on getting high KDR as the expense of the match.

Soldato
Just finished the 2nd campaign mission (the platforming level) and wowza, very creative stuff. Buttery smooth and still pretty at 1440p 21:9 with my 1080 Strix :D
GOnna finish the campaign and play some MP before moving onto BF1

I loved playing BF1 but going back to it now feels like I'm running in treacle, its just soooo slow and can't enjoy it.

Soldato
Stats aren't in the game so there is no way to check your KDR, Win Ratio etc...

They are coming they just didn't have time to implement the displaying of them before release which is odd, all stats are being recorded though so when they implement it, it will update.

Personally wish they would leave them out, means people generally play the objective better and enjoy the game, not concentrate on getting high KDR as the expense of the match.

Yea tbh i dont care about stats but just found it odd as its usually in there, also a way to track challenges would be nice rather than looking at a weapon skin to find out how far you have to go to get it etc

Did notice once you max out a weapon you can regen it and add a kill counter on to the actual weapon as a display that tracks thatbweapons lifetime kills, pretty neat think ive seen that in cs go too

Associate
The main thing I love about it, I can't really explain that well. You just feel so connected to the weapons, even without rumble it is almost like you feel it when you fire the gun.

Man of Honour
Finished campaign, thought it was epic. The 'freeze' bit is one of the best bits I've ever played in any SP game.

MP is fun but I've only done one level. Hopefully get into it when I'm a little less busy.

Back
Top Bottom