Are you going to stock these again OCUK?

Man of Honour
Last edited:
Associate
But isn't the 75hz limited to amd cards using freesync via display port ? I must admit I too thought NVidia was limited to 60hz like most lg freesync monitors where freesync cannot be used ?

Man of Honour
But isn't the 75hz limited to amd cards using freesync via display port ? I must admit I too thought NVidia was limited to 60hz like most lg freesync monitors where freesync cannot be used ?

I'm running it off a gtx1070 via display port ;

Freesync on = 75hz
Freesync off = 60hz

KbzScVE.jpg

Unless both Windows and the Nvidia control panel are reporting wrong? I'll try and test it *

screenshot from Tomb Raider - look top left for FPS

lcLP1ud.jpg

gMwelAW.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Wow top man I appreciate it! So with my 980 ti I'll be fine how do I turn on freesync with nvidia gpu? It's a lovely monitor I have to admit and I'm loving the curves as well :p 75hz 3440x1440 is the sweets pot without breaking the bank

Man of Honour
Wow top man I appreciate it! So with my 980 ti I'll be fine how do I turn on freesync with nvidia gpu? It's a lovely monitor I have to admit and I'm loving the curves as well :p 75hz 3440x1440 is the sweets pot without breaking the bank

You'll get 75hz, but not the freesync function, which with 980sli won't be an issue. my 1070 keeps frames in the high 60s+ on average, your 980 sli should be pushing 75, so frame drops shouldn't be an issue

Use display port cable then enable freesync in the monitor OSD settings.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ahhh right that's not an issue with my Tis I've got them sat at 1450mhz so even in games than don't support sli a single Ti will have a good go at that resolution and when sli is being utilised it'll annihilate 75hz 3440 x 1440 that's definitely a monitor I'm to look at :)

Soldato
problem with LG's ultrawides is that LG is not the best at clarifying proper details to the consumer and perhaps even the retailers as i see these errors all over the web. On top of this most of the reviewers for these LG ultrawides are somehow "challenged" in that they have no idea how to get to the monitor settings menu in windows to set the screen to 75hz. Instead they just read the shops product description which is usually wrong.

From what i understand all the **um68 and *uc88 models are 75hz capable(you might have to enable freesync on the monitor for it to be available). Besides that most of the um*7 and um68 panels can be pushed beyond 75hz including the freesync range on supported monitors. Had a 34um68 for a short while that could do 80hz without a sweat, including upping the freesync range to 80.(no frame skipping or change in image quality) and even 85hz but with a pop up message saying not support spite it working perfectly. Also had a 29um57 that OCed to 75hz over hdmi pretty easily and it got pretty snappy thanks to that.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
problem with LG's ultrawides is that LG is not the best at clarifying proper details to the consumer and perhaps even the retailers as i see these errors all over the web. On top of this most of the reviewers for these LG ultrawides are somehow "challenged" in that they have no idea how to get to the monitor settings menu in windows to set the screen to 75hz. Instead they just read the shops product description which is usually wrong.

From what i understand all the **um68 and *uc88 models are 75hz capable(you might have to enable freesync on the monitor for it to be available). Besides that most of the um*7 and um68 panels can be pushed beyond 75hz including the freesync range on supported monitors. Had a 34um68 for a short while that could do 80hz without a sweat, including upping the freesync range to 80.(no frame skipping or change in image quality) and even 85hz but with a pop up message saying not support spite it working perfectly. Also had a 29um57 that OCed to 75hz over hdmi pretty easily and it got pretty snappy thanks to that.

True, there is a degree of flexibility in the listed ranges

I managed to get the freesync range from 55-75 down to 40-75 ( didn't go upwards ) as my 390x was struggling at 3440x1440.

I'm happy at 75hz, don't think i would even notice and extra 5hz on top

Associate
It is confusing, I must admit, the latest 38uc99 with freesync and 75hz enabled causes frame skipping on NVidia cards which I don't know if that happens to earlier models as well, but tbh ive had no issue running my 34um95 at 60hz. Which is why I was surprised Brizzles when you mentioned about running both.

Soldato
It is confusing, I must admit, the latest 38uc99 with freesync and 75hz enabled causes frame skipping on NVidia cards which I don't know if that happens to earlier models as well, but tbh ive had no issue running my 34um95 at 60hz. Which is why I was surprised Brizzles when you mentioned about running both.

I believe the Acer xr34 also has frame skipping with nvidia cards above 60hz

Associate
OP
The xr34 is cheaper than that lg so it'll boil down to either of these however if I can't guratentee it'll run at 75hz with no issues it won't be a buy for me as I've had amd before and never again just my personal experiences

Man of Honour

You are correct - it's something i hadn't even noticed

I've been testing and can confirm that at 75hz with Nvidia there is frame-skipping.

I used ufo frame skipping check
http://www.testufo.com/#test=frameskipping

I hadn't noticed it before, so not sure what impact it has

Back
Top Bottom