*** The official Asus ROG Swift PG348Q 34" ultra-wide thread ***

Soldato
It's absolutely hilarious that someone thinks spending £200 more for customer service is a good idea. The place that people mentioned in comparison has the best and easiest customer service I've ever dealt with.

More money than sense

Associate
I wanted to order mine from ocuk, have always bought my components here but saved £327 by going elsewhere and should have no worries about customer service all being well. It's a shame, but as much as I prefer to support the companies i like, the savings were substantial in this case.

Associate
Mines coming today. Would have ordered from ocuk usually but the crazy price difference sent me elsewhere (340 at time of purchase)

Associate
if you notice bleed, remember that you will probably want to reduce brightness anyway according to most reviews. then also try the wipe method i posted earlier to remove any you have :)

i had three of them in all and all had some bleed, all had ips glow (of course) none had dead pixels and all did 100hz no issue.

chose the best one and now have practically no bleed.

It's absolutely hilarious that someone thinks spending £200 more for customer service is a good idea. The place that people mentioned in comparison has the best and easiest customer service I've ever dealt with.

More money than sense

totally, sent two back to them, for free and no issues at all :) and £894!

Associate
Monitor OSD Option

Calibrated OSD settings

Preset

Racing Mode

Brightness

Contrast

Colour Temp

User Mode

RGB

97, 99, 100

Blue Light Filter

courtesy of the tft central review. works well on mine.

also make sure it is bleed you are seeing, bleed is white, ips glow is orange (in the corners), way to tell is move your head, if the 'bleed' changes, its not bleed..

Associate
Thanks james, i have modified those slightly and looking good here. The bleed appears to be minimal but is more glow at the 4 corners, think i can live with it as i dont notice it until the screen is black and no sign of dead pixels. Could very well end up with a worse one if i played the panel lottery. Even with 2x 3 gb 780's things run very well, although battlefield 1 is kicking its ass a bit.

Question though, even though i have set gsync on in nvidia control panel for full screen only, the led stays red at all times. Normal? Driver issue?

Associate
good luck! you will love the wideness :) cant imagine going back to 16:9.. witcher 3 is amazing. i mean its amazing anyway, so ridiculously huge, but in super wide, even more awesome :)

FTL

FTL

Associate
After having tried the Acer X34 twice unsuccessfully (both had problems & I switched back to my Dell U3415W) I saw a good deal for the PG34 and went for it! Happy to say it is absolutely perfect, little BLB, 100Hz and no scanlines in sight. Very much enjoying my experience! Not bad for £690! Nice build quality and beautiful design too, love the bottom bezel on the front.

Last edited:
Associate
After having tried the Acer X34 twice unsuccessfully (both had problems & I switched back to my Dell U3415W) I saw a good deal for the PG34 and went for it! Happy to say it is absolutely perfect, little BLB, 100Hz and no scanlines in sight. Very much enjoying my experience! Not bad for £690! Nice build quality and beautiful design too, love the bottom bezel on the front.

£690... brand new?

Please do share, Trust if you must :D

FTL

FTL

Associate
£690... brand new?

Please do share, Trust if you must :D

Not quite I'm afraid! Rainforest warehouse, the box had been opened and repackaged but there was no sign the screen was used. Rainforest discount it as it is warehouse and then I got extra 20% discount (I think for membership) + 5% student discount on top. Still got all the Asus warranty and shop support, although I imagine it's slightly more risky than buying strictly new, but given the price I don't mind at all. Hope that helps!

Associate
Last night I noticed a series of marks on my screen, they appear to be scratches. Not sure if I should try to remove them with a microfibre cloth or initiate the return perocedure with the rain forrest. Dissaspointing considering i have only had the monitor since sunday.

Associate
Not quite I'm afraid! Rainforest warehouse, the box had been opened and repackaged but there was no sign the screen was used. Rainforest discount it as it is warehouse and then I got extra 20% discount (I think for membership) + 5% student discount on top. Still got all the Asus warranty and shop support, although I imagine it's slightly more risky than buying strictly new, but given the price I don't mind at all. Hope that helps!

i bet you got one of the two i sent back hehe..

Associate
Last night I noticed a series of marks on my screen, they appear to be scratches. Not sure if I should try to remove them with a microfibre cloth or initiate the return perocedure with the rain forrest. Dissaspointing considering i have only had the monitor since sunday.

may be just marks from cloths. it seems easy to get them, stick a bit of the halitosis on em with a microfibre and they should go!

Back
Top Bottom