*** Battlefield 1 ***

Soldato
The squad leader thing is annoying.

I can see why it happens a lot though, when a squad leader leaves a squad another player is designated leader. Its happened to me a few times without me realising I'm the leader now.

I cant remember anything notifying me and I often only notice when I look in the bottom left of the screen and see a star next to my name.

Soldato
I'm sure there is a message saying you are when that happens?

I have tried spamming request order to no avail although it's very easy to miss what's written in the top left.

Associate
Playing last night I experienced a couple of problems I've not come across before. The whole screen hangs, at the start of rounds it would hang and the people I was running with end up in front of me as if I've just been stood still. Also happened loads during fights etc, needless to say I died a lot. The other problem was end of round scores etc not populating, was just black backgrounds. Anyone else get that?

Aside from that am loving the game. Playing mainly conquest but have done medals for rush and pigeon modes and played my first few conquest rounds last night. Have settled on a gun and accessory set for Medic, Assault and Support (started this last night due to medal) but just can't do anything as sniper which is frustrating as I was rocking it in the beta.

Squad leaders not designating targets continues to be the biggest annoyance though, happened in every round last night. It really does help focus the squad together when done.

I only started yesterday but not seen any of those issues.

Agree on the squads...that and about 4 locked '2 man squads' annoys the hell out of me.

ljt

ljt

Soldato
Whats the deal with locked squads? Is that party groups joining?

Yeah it's a bit annoying really. It happens when you create a party in game then join with the party.

It was done like that to stop randoms joining while party members were loading in thus blocking space for the actual party members.

Whoever is squad leader can change it to public once the game has loaded in though, which is what I do as I've only got one mate on Xbox who plays bf1, so a locked squad of 2 is not very fair

Although even when I'm squad leader I set objectives, but most of the time the randomers who join my squad don't take a blind bit of notice what I set as an objective!

When getting resupplies from support can you get a grenade / class ability restocked?

I'm sure sometimes I end up with an extra grenade and no idea why.

Yeah they do restock everything, but you have to wait a bit longer. Main weapon ammo restocks first then a few seconds later the grenades/ability starts to restock

Associate
I play in big group of friends and we all are getting bored of this already.

Does not seem to be enough content to keep us interested.

Most Battlefield games begin that way. Then ironically 6 months later there are tonnes of maps and everyone plays the same bloody map on repeat :D

Associate
I'm a new convert to the Battlefield series and I'm so impressed with this. Just playing the multiplayer I've had at least two moments which would have put to shame some scripted single player blockbuster moments in other games.

Still getting to grips with the gameplay though, as a convert from CoD the pace of the game is taking some adjusting to. If I play the faster CoD style I inevitably get gunned down by someone I haven't seen in a covered position. If I play the slower more cautious game and try and find those covered positions, I get knifed by someone sprinting round the map. Watching some Twitch feeds to try and get some pointers.

Slowly getting to grips with the classes though and finding Medic to be the easiest way to get decent scores and level up. Can anyone recommend the weapons and equipment that should be priority unlocks?

Xbox Gamertag is Millsy 82 if anyone needs a slowly improving bullet sponge on their squad.

Associate
I'm a new convert to the Battlefield series and I'm so impressed with this. Just playing the multiplayer I've had at least two moments which would have put to shame some scripted single player blockbuster moments in other games.

Still getting to grips with the gameplay though, as a convert from CoD the pace of the game is taking some adjusting to. If I play the faster CoD style I inevitably get gunned down by someone I haven't seen in a covered position. If I play the slower more cautious game and try and find those covered positions, I get knifed by someone sprinting round the map. Watching some Twitch feeds to try and get some pointers.

Slowly getting to grips with the classes though and finding Medic to be the easiest way to get decent scores and level up. Can anyone recommend the weapons and equipment that should be priority unlocks?

Xbox Gamertag is Millsy 82 if anyone needs a slowly improving bullet sponge on their squad.

For me staying in cover but always moving is key, try to keep an obstacle at your back at all times. If you have to go in to the open run as fast as you can :D

For medic weapons I tend to swap around -

Close range map - M1907 SL Sweeper
Mid range - Cei-rigotti factory or optical
long range - any of the mondragons

i tend to just stay with the standard load out of revive and bandage packs really, nice and flexible for on the move healing.

Soldato
I've been seeing some strange things happening today namely instant death upon spawning. Our team lost all our tickets in about 5 mins flat. A few times I managed to spawn and run a few feet then death occurs. Strangely the map finished and some guy had a 40+ kdr.

Caporegime
sounds awfully like the mass kill hack from battlefield 3 that let you kill everybody in the game instantly.

Somebody had hacked the netcode and worked out the command to tell other clients they were dead. Hope they've not found a similar hack in BF1 and its just a glitch !

Soldato
Yeah they do restock everything, but you have to wait a bit longer. Main weapon ammo restocks first then a few seconds later the grenades/ability starts to restock

I've been keeping a proper eye on it now I am playing support and it looks like if you have full ammo then your grenades will restock and if they are full ability restocks.

Am doing the support medal at the moment, it's so irritating that squad suppression assists don't count towards the suppression assist counter.

Back
Top Bottom