**** The Official Chinese Phones Thread ****

Associate
Best to use CC or PP? About to pull the trigger on this too.

Also, i see on the shipping options you might get stung on the faster methods, how likely is that to happen? Might just get it sent airmail otherwise. :)

Having read a few comments about geekbuying on /r/Xiaomi i would use a credit card just in case..

Associate
Just pondering getting the Mi 5 from Geekbuying and I was wondering why they charge more for their Spanish stock? Is this because you won't pay import duty since it's already in the EU? If I buy from HK is it a gamble as to whether I would get stung?

Soldato
Just pondering getting the Mi 5 from Geekbuying and I was wondering why they charge more for their Spanish stock? Is this because you won't pay import duty since it's already in the EU? If I buy from HK is it a gamble as to whether I would get stung?

I still think you might be liable for some kind of import duty even from Spain? Not sure tbh.

Think if you go by the standard airmail from HK, based on what i've read, you're highly unlikely to get stung any import costs - it just takes a while longer to arrive. I paid the extra $1.50 or whatever it was to insure mine.

Associate
I still think you might be liable for some kind of import duty even from Spain? Not sure tbh.

Think if you go by the standard airmail from HK, based on what i've read, you're highly unlikely to get stung any import costs - it just takes a while longer to arrive. I paid the extra $1.50 or whatever it was to insure mine.

Ah OK, cheers mate. I thought they just factored in the import duty they already paid to get it into Spain. Guess I could just ask them :p

Soldato
Ah OK, cheers mate. I thought they just factored in the import duty they already paid to get it into Spain. Guess I could just ask them :p

You will not get charged import duty from Spain as they are in the EU. Free trade area and all that.

I was looking at honorbuy.com because I was after a Redmi Note 4 and they have stock in a EU warehouse. Unfortunately it was £25 more than from China so I suppose they include the import duty/customs in the price.

Associate
You will not get charged import duty from Spain as they are in the EU. Free trade area and all that.

I was looking at honorbuy.com because I was after a Redmi Note 4 and they have stock in a EU warehouse. Unfortunately it was £25 more than from China so I suppose they include the import duty/customs in the price.

Ah thought so. Now my problem is who sells the phone without adware/malware. I found a reddit thread with people saying Gearbest sell phones with custom roms with adware, but on their website they have the International version and I assumed this was the official global rom, untampered with.

Soldato
Both SIM slots should do 4G and MIUI is Ok but you don't have an app draw like typical android, it's odd but you get used to it, you just put stuff in folders. I love it, some people hate it but it's each to his own.

Have a look at this video.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom