Vive Accessories at OcUK?

Associate
After reading this
https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comme...cally_switch_between/?st=iqwh56wp&sh=42a39088

I've decided that I'm definately wanting to pick up an extra base station, that will allow me to make my mounting a bit more permanent and avoid reconfiguring steam VR when I switch between rooms for roomscale/seated

Thing is... the base station is ~£120 already, but where I am I can still only select express shipping at a whopping £41. Therefore id be certainly interested in just buying it via OcUK.. or if I have to one of those horrible brick and mortar places where they wear purple shirts

Is this a possiblity?

Associate
I'd like to buy the usb extension cable so I can plug my headset into the secret usb port so I can use my good mic. Generic extension cables don't work as the cover won't shut unless you specifically use the HTC cable (well played HTC) but there's no way I'm paying £33.53 to ship a £9 cable :mad:
Please tell me OCUK will be stocking accessories, pretty please with a cherry on top!

Associate
I was hoping to get another pair of base stations to take advantage of room scale in my living room. Moving the PC itself is less hassle than dealing with the base station's unmounting/remounting and wiring.

I'd have considered it at £100-ish for the pair, but that sort of price individually is taking the ****.

Hadn't thought of checking how well the seated stuff works with just one. Might look into it this weekend but I'd still be very reluctant to part with what HTC are currently asking for a single unit.

Associate
OP
one is expensive in itself, but then I think id rather pay that than keep moving them

and yeah from what I understand you do get more precise tracking when the HMD can see both but it doesn't have sensors all the way around and so at times it does operate on one just fine. in a seated game so long as you are not turning 180 with your back to the lighthouse it should be totally fine

Associate
Their shipping costs are daylight robbery, i'd rather they just made the product more expensive but with normal shipping costs, it wouldn't seem like you're being taken for a fool so much despite the cost being the same.

An extra base station sounds good if you could hook up another for improved tracking.

OcUK Staff
Hey guys, I'm keeping my eyes peeled for accessories but not having much luck. If I do spot something decent I can't get hold of it, or they're too expensive.

I've still got irons in fires but if anybody sees anything decent then trust message me and I'll make enquiries.

Associate
OP
I'm seeing reports that new vives are coming with a much thinner 3-in-1 cable which would be nice for less drag, I was thinking of giving up and just ordering online but now I figure ill hold off a bit longer to make sure those are the cables they are shipping and order one of those too.

I move house in a few weeks so wont be doin anything till then but I was also thinking of asking if anyone wants to group buy and split the shipping cost

Associate
Anymore developments on stocking accessories? HTC still charging extortionate shipping fees. I think silicone skins for the controllers would be a good addition too.

Associate
Personally I'd like to see replacement head straps, because the Velcro on mine is already starting to separate and I've only had it a couple of weeks.

Associate
Just an FYI the vive store shipping is FREE atm apparently, probably not forever mind
Noticed this a day or two ago as well on one of their "express" shipping options. Now it seems both "express" options are free! Just ordered a spare cable. :) Hope it's the thin one (but most likely won't be...at any rate, I'll probably be needing a spare soon since I saw some weird brightness fluctuations on the display last night).

Back
Top Bottom