Who owns a 350z/370z?

Soldato
Hi all...
Bit of a nightmare scenario..

So bought my 370 11 months ago. It went in for a major service and got told it would need 4 new tyres before the MOT, due in a few weeks time. Ok, great, so i say ill book in the MOT in a few weeks time with them.

Next day i get a flat tyre on the front passenger side on the way to work. The garagei went to is 30 odd miles away back in my home town and my car is now at work.

So i order 4 new tyres from tyresonthdrive to get them all done and they turn up in a couple of days at my work to fix them.

Turns out i don't have the stupid wheel nut key.. I ask the dealer i got it from and surprise surprise they are no help whatsoever. I also dont have the card with the code to get another key sent to me. No spare, i have a repair kit.

The puncture feels like its on the inside of the tyre on the tyre wall so i'm wondering if i can use the repair kit to get me to the local nissan dealer (about 3 miles away). Or am i best getting it picked up on a flatbed? I don't think it can be towed from the front..

**Err how can it have a major service without them taking the tyres off... ring them up and they say that they thought they'd do it when it came back for tyres.

What would you guys do?

there was a tool that allows you to remove locking wheel nuts, I'd do that and get rid of them or just go on ebay and see if you can find one that fits

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-37...386176?hash=item19d537cc40:g:eE4AAOSwZd1VeW9N

?

Associate
Any good garage can remove a locking nut, they are really only for preventing someone from putting your car on bricks and stealing your wheels in the street

If it was part of the service that you paid for to do something requiring the wheels to be taken off and they didnt do it, they have ripped you off plain and simple. Saying they would wait till you came back is BS, they would have had to inform you in the post service report about the need for new tyres and at that point you could have gone somewhere else for the tyres and MOT and they would have just never done that bit of work. When you came back in a few weeks would they have even remembered or checked the notes on their system to realise there was some outstanding work you had paid for and actually bothered to revisit it, my bet is no. You were billed for something that wasnt done, that is fraud

I'm pretty concerned about this whenever I take my car to a dealers, I know its happened on 2 occasions to myself with toyota.

1) Took a car in for service+spare wheel replacement, they produced a work report/invoice saying both were done, signed by the mechanic. Got home and checked the spare and it still had the same buckled alloy with my fingerprints on it, if the mechanic lied about having replaced the wheel why should I believe he did the service?

2) Got charged for a replacement of a leaky O-ring seal at £90, this was on a service in sept/oct time, I take it back in for another issue in nov and I'm told I need a new O-ring seal. I checked the service report from the previous year and the same garage had charged me for that the year before.

As a result of this I wont touch Toyota with a 20 foot bargepole

Soldato
This thread has ruined me in so many ways. Only got my car atm 6 months ago and I just want something bigger and quicker. Stumble across this thread. I can pick up a decent looking 350z for circa 5k, which is fine its the budget of my next car. But i thought i'd dismiss on insurance front as i presumed a 3.5l V6 that does sub 6s for a 20 year old would be sky high. I was wrong, 1200 on a quick quote (without a box) i know if i looked extensively i could get lower.

The temptation is strong :p

Such beautiful cars. I doubt I'll go through with it but no harm researching. What would be a smart budget to have for one? Important signs to look out for on them? What are the running costs etc like? Not that MPG bothers me but what do you guys tend to see?

Soldato
in regards to engines, guys..

I'm pretty much set on a 350Z and going to try and push for a HR but a few are around and prices are all over the place!

I know it's the engine to have, but is revup really that much worse? Oil consumption can be a problem, power is down compared to HR etc..

anything else I'm missing?

Don't think there is a great deal of difference between the two, the 7.5k rev limit is a big plus along side the long gearing is a joy to behold :D

For 7k I would probably be looking at a tidy de rather than a possibly ropey hr, lower tax is a bonus too, 500 quid stings a bit :D

On a different note, I have started to notice the clicky axle issue, only slight but it is there. Anybody tried the fix where you grease the rear drive shafts?

Soldato
For 7k I would probably be looking at a tidy de rather than a possibly ropey hr, lower tax is a bonus too, 500 quid stings a bit :D

There are a few tbh - 7k is my budget but I cant stretch a little for a good example.

example -;

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201610218993967/usedcars?logcode=visc
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201608026414334/usedcars?logcode=visc

and I've seen a few others around.

I do want the facelift interior and the extra 30ish? whp? is very nice .

Man of Honour
I'd go for a rev up DE but... that said, the interior, and styling of the HR is a better.

The HR is a bit more expensive to tweak (dual air intakes etc...), different engine etc... however, it's down to preference. I've seen tweaked HRs pushing over 320bhp which is quite easily achievable (albeit a little expensive! Then again the DE is as well).

Mine is at the limit you can squeeze performance out of without doing serious stuff like custom down pipes, injectors, engine rework, NOS, forced induction, or final drive modifications. That's big bucks.

If I had to buy mine again for the same price I'd go for the HR, but get it wrapped or repainted in Azure blue.

At the time though the DE was the right choice and the only model they did in Azure blue which is why I abandoned the HR route.

Soldato
I'd go for a rev up DE but... that said, the interior, and styling of the HR is a better.

The HR is a bit more expensive to tweak (dual air intakes etc...), different engine etc... however, it's down to preference. I've seen tweaked HRs pushing over 320bhp which is quite easily achievable (albeit a little expensive! Then again the DE is as well).

Mine is at the limit you can squeeze performance out of without doing serious stuff like custom down pipes, injectors, engine rework, NOS, forced induction, or final drive modifications. That's big bucks.

If I had to buy mine again for the same price I'd go for the HR, but get it wrapped or repainted in Azure blue.

At the time though the DE was the right choice and the only model they did in Azure blue which is why I abandoned the HR route.

after looking around azure blue is probably my fave colour! it's a shame that they don't do HR's in that.

midnight blue is pretty nice too.

Revup is fine from my pov other than oil consumption which doesn't sound that bad tbh.

I have found a few facelift(new interior/leds etc) 2006 350z with revup engine in good shape for my budget.

how useful is the satnav system in the facelift ? it looks a bit dated but I guess you can get up to date maps?

perf tuning is not something I'm fussed about, it'll do stock as is, my only planned mods are visual/sound so -;

alloys
suspension
exhaust system
spoiler and maybe a spliter
if facelift interior I'd get rid of the silver plastic too.

Soldato
Selling my 350z soon :( What with my 9 month old starting nursery in January we need two cars in the house capable of child transport and the 350z just cant cut it.

Shame as its an awesome car. Hoping to get at least 5K for it, just passed MOT so that should help and prices are pretty stable at the moment.

Soldato
Selling my 350z soon :( What with my 9 month old starting nursery in January we need two cars in the house capable of child transport and the 350z just cant cut it.

Shame as its an awesome car. Hoping to get at least 5K for it, just passed MOT so that should help and prices are pretty stable at the moment.

See i'm wanting a 350z later next year when i've got some money for it, it's not practical with kids so i'm going to keep my £300 focus for when they want to go anywhere. The focus is pretty **** and boring but does the job.

Man of Honour
For a start it doesn't have cruise control as it states in the ad, and that's an import. Not that that should be a problem, but you'd need to check that the speedo has been adjusted for mph - as it is currently displaying in kph. Also it states no modifications, but those are after market exhausts. Not sure if that's a japspeed exhaust (hard to tell) but it's not stock that's for sure!

It looks in good nick though. Worth looking at definitely.

Back
Top Bottom