What watch do you wear?

Associate
Newest addition, Longines hydroconqest 41mm automatic. Ended up going for a second hand one on auction as precision time were unable to source one. Crystal and bezel are pristine, one tiny mark on the case side and a few on the bracelet. All of which should be easy to polish/brush.

Really like that HQ -- been pondering one with the red bezel. I was hesitating vs a Steiny Titanium but with the GBP<>EUR rate at the minute it's fairly expensive. So the Longines is definitely on for me...
Hops the lume on it?

Associate
I have one and have noticed the used prices going up. I think this is mainly due to Omega pretty much killing off all the gents quartz models. Some people do (believe it or not) prefer a quartz watch. I like mine as it's a great grab and go watch that's very accurate, comfortable, tough and with great legibility and lume.

Also, it's a very compact size for a 300m diver. Most of Omega's dive watches have really bulked up recently.

Thanks for your thoughts mate.

I like mine too for the same reason. A true everyday watch

Associate
Really like that HQ -- been pondering one with the red bezel. I was hesitating vs a Steiny Titanium but with the GBP<>EUR rate at the minute it's fairly expensive. So the Longines is definitely on for me...
Hops the lume on it?

I have the blue of the same.

Really really great watch, but the lume is a little weak IMO. It's not terrible, and I can tell the time way in to the night but it's not bright.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
A workmate bought a Legend Diver last week, never knew he liked his watches, neat!

rps20161110_130553_439.jpg

I really want one.

Associate
I just can't get my head around availability atm.

3-4 months for the damn air-king, they've taken me off the waiting list for the "Hulk" no Batman's, no regular submariners with date. Really annoyed.

Man of Honour
I had a very lucky escape with my Speedy yesterday. I was coming home very late evening and at Waterloo station realised my watch was no longer on my arm. I still had the NATO strap tied normally on my wrist. But there was no watch. I very hurriedly retraced my steps and found it laying face up in the middle of the station concourse with people walking around it unaware. Both spring bars had come off and were nowhere to be found. I'm not sure how it happened and the only thing I can think of was that at I'd just taken my backpack off and may have caught the watch while doing so. I would have expected that not to have been enough force though.

There doesn't appear to be any damage. I'm shocked I managed to find it.

Caporegime
Hops the lume on it?
The hq is a nice piece, but movement aside it isn't any better than a steinhart ocean one green I have. The longines bracelet is awful by comparison. Push pins which I'm wary off versus screws on the steiny, and the steiny features two half links and more holes on the deployant for a better fit. And it has a vastly better looking brushed finish. Lume on the hq is poor, but I knew that before buying it. Best lume of all is Seiko, a cheap skx 007 will out glow anything from Switzerland
I sometimes wonder if Seiko are still using radium.:D

Back
Top Bottom