What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Especially love the look of the Titanium Pro but is it really worth the money over the 300?

Only you can decide that, such is the nature of 'luxury' watch buying!

I'd go for it if it's the one you really want, otherwise you'll always look at the other one when it's on your wrist and think 'If only I'd gone for the Ti Pro...' Unlikely to think the other way around if you do genuinely prefer the look of the Ti Pro.

Associate
After listing my Seiko Cocktail Time for sale; I thought it would be a good time to install some new modded bits to my SKX.

Went from the green with super oyster:

To the red, super jubilee bracelet with a coin edge bezel:

What do you think? I actually prefer the green but popping off the bezel is easy as pie so I'll try the red for a while :).

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
Looking to treat myself for my upcoming birthday in a couple of weeks. Torn between these two for my first foray into premium(ish) watches.

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/c60-trident-300-52

https://www.christopherward.co.uk/c60-trident-titanium-pro-600-variation-2

Especially love the look of the Titanium Pro but is it really worth the money over the 300?

I had a C60 300, looks wise it felt great, looked more expensive than it was and overall build quality etc was good. My problem was not that it was a quartz movement, the problem was that the second hand did not match up with any of the markers on the watch face, not even close. I have cheaper quartz watches that are spot on and automatics that cost less than that (Seiko Monster, for instance). This second hand not hitting markers appears to be a common issue with the 300s, maybe that isn't something that would bother you, or you get one that lines up. To me, that was the only negative but it was enough for me to return it as I would have expected it to at least be closer for a £300 quartz watch and would have rather saved the extra and picked up an automatic. Just my thoughts on it!

Associate
I have to say I'm a *little* careful with the Steneys at the minute. I've jhust figured out my Premium Blue is now running quite a bit slower. I wear it quite a lot, and it shouldn't run on empty, so I'm a bit worried about a 'new' watch (I've had it 14 month) already requiring servicing!

Associate
A big thing for me would be scratch resistance since my old Seiko is looking a little tired now. Would DLC not be more resistant to damage?

Caporegime
Thinking of going for this one instead. Looks similar to the CW 600 Titanium.

https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/ocean-black-dlc.html

Is there a big difference in quality between the two?

I've got the ocean black DLC here.

Nice watch, but titanium is lighter and stronger. Both will scratch but it will be more noticeable on a DLC/PVD watch. Quality wise, steinhart and cw are both pretty much on a par. Though you do get a higher water resistance rating on the cw's. 600m vs 300m on the steinhart ocean series. The steinhart uses the ETA 2824-2 movement which is also used on the cw, or the Sellita SW200-1 which is virtually identical aside from using one extra jewel. The cw also features a ceramic bezel which is more resistant to scratching. You can get a ceramic bezel for the ocean black at a cost of around £40.00, and I've heard that steinhart will fit it for free if you ask.

Soldato

Yep. Was holding off getting a smart watch until battery life had improved.

Initial impressions are that it seems to be better then the others I have looked at. I like all the health tracking stuff but I suppose any fitbit would do that for a lot less cash. Texting, emails are useless due to screen size.

Not 100% sure if I'll keep it yet.

Associate
I've got the ocean black DLC here.

Nice watch, but titanium is lighter and stronger. Both will scratch but it will be more noticeable on a DLC/PVD watch. Quality wise, steinhart and cw are both pretty much on a par. Though you do get a higher water resistance rating on the cw's. 600m vs 300m on the steinhart ocean series. The steinhart uses the ETA 2824-2 movement which is also used on the cw, or the Sellita SW200-1 which is virtually identical aside from using one extra jewel. The cw also features a ceramic bezel which is more resistant to scratching. You can get a ceramic bezel for the ocean black at a cost of around £40.00, and I've heard that steinhart will fit it for free if you ask.

Looks great. Since the 600 Titanium is double the price of the Ocean Black DLC I'll probably go for the Steinhart.

Caporegime
Looks great. Since the 600 Titanium is double the price of the Ocean Black DLC I'll probably go for the Steinhart.

If your dead set on a titanium piece steinhart also produce one.

https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/premium-line/ocean-titanium-500-premium.html

I've got two steinys here, the DLC and an ocean one green. I was very tempted by the titanium after seeing a friends. Great looking well built watch. Rumours floating about that steinhart prices are set for a big increase as ETA are increasing prices of movements sold to companies outside of the swatch group. And the general consensus is that steinhart have been selling their watches too cheap to begin with.

Transmission breaker
Don
Hublot1.jpg

My bro got me this for my Birthday :D

Man of Honour
After listing my Seiko Cocktail Time for sale; I thought it would be a good time to install some new modded bits to my SKX.

Went from the green with super oyster:

To the red, super jubilee bracelet with a coin edge bezel:

What do you think? I actually prefer the green but popping off the bezel is easy as pie so I'll try the red for a while :).

Thanks

Green is one of my favourite colours so I prefer the green. But it's nice to be able to switch it around and have a change. Both nice :)

Back
Top Bottom