*** Official SONOS Thread ***

Soldato
Does anyone know if Sonos ever plan to address the 'unusual' behavior in that when you select a track from mid point of any album / playlist, it only plays that one track and does not continue to play all proceeding tracks?

Soldato
Does anyone know if Sonos ever plan to address the 'unusual' behavior in that when you select a track from mid point of any album / playlist, it only plays that one track and does not continue to play all proceeding tracks?

I've not experienced this but I'd suggest you report it on their community forum.

Caporegime
I can't understand why they've dragged their heels on Audible. Sonos clearly work with Amazon, but Audible has been broken for over a year.

Same with apple music. Download an audio book and it won't work. You used to be able to just drag them into itunes as a music file but that won't let you put it in music on your phone anymore. So if you convert it to audiobook you have to use headphones.

Associate
Eugh frustrating evening/morning.

So Sonos was doing a listening amnesty this morning where you can trade your old home speakers for a brand new Play 1. Popped into Asda last night after I heard only to find the entertainment department had shut for the night :/ at 10pm in a 24 hour store.

Soldato
Eugh frustrating evening/morning.

So Sonos was doing a listening amnesty this morning where you can trade your old home speakers for a brand new Play 1. Popped into Asda last night after I heard only to find the entertainment department had shut for the night :/ at 10pm in a 24 hour store.

Didn't even know they were doing this!

Soldato
Got email today to download Sonos Beta 7.0. It will be the first thing I'll do when I get home from work. Will try to remember to update.

Welcome to Sonos Beta 7.0
Control Sonos directly from the Spotify App
You can now use the Spotify app to:
Send whatever you’re playing on Spotify to any Sonos speaker.
Group all your rooms together, house party style.
Crank up the volume in every room at once.
Transfer a song from your headphones to a Sonos speaker.
Share your Sonos system with friends who have the Spotify app.
Control what’s playing at home remotely via the Internet – you can start a song up before you walk in the door.

Note: Spotify Premium is required for Spotify Direct Control.

Soldato
Got email today to download Sonos Beta 7.0. It will be the first thing I'll do when I get home from work. Will try to remember to update.

It's definitely a beta. Worked fine 1st time round but when I tried later it wouldn't connect. Then about an hour later when we were watching TV it started playing. :D

Not figured out how to connect when not on wi-fi though.

Associate
It has been for a while, but I guess the Beta has now opened up to a wider group?

Yes a wider group, should have made it clearer :rolleyes:

w1jJTt.jpg

Soldato
Ive got two play 1s, one upstairs and 1 downstairs in the living room.

I was thinking about adding another in the dining room, but not sure if I should get another play 1 or one of the bigger brother's in the play family. Has anyone got the bigger play 3/5?

Also a quick question about having two play speakers in the same room, should they be in stereo pair or classed as separate speakers, say if they are both in opposite corners of a room?

Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom