• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

First pic of Skylake-X CPU ES leaked!

Sem

Sem

Soldato
im more interested in the chipset and features we get with Skylake-E/X not too bothered about CPU performance as i don't think it will be that far ahead of my 5960x @ 4.5 core for core

would be great if they made the 10-core or the extreme variant $999 again

Soldato
im more interested in the chipset and features we get with Skylake-E/X not too bothered about CPU performance as i don't think it will be that far ahead of my 5960x @ 4.5 core for core

would be great if they made the 10-core or the extreme variant $999 again

This is what I am interested in also. If they beef up the PCIe count on the chipset from the x8 Gen 2.0 on the current X99 platform to the similar upgrade Skylake made with the DMI 3.0 with its 20 x Gen 3.0 PCIe lanes that is up to the discretion of motherboard manufactures how to use, wonder if we will see a drop in sales on the top end SKU's or the middle 40 lane in particular.

Soldato
I really want something to replace my 3930K already but with Skylake-X down for 2H 2017, looks like I'm waiting a little longer.

Zen is interesting, but I think it's being overhyped somewhat.

Associate
I can't wait to see how Zen matches up against the new Intel chips. As there seems to be quite a lot of hype around it and so is it well deserved....only time will tell

Soldato
I can't wait to see how Zen matches up against the new Intel chips. As there seems to be quite a lot of hype around it and so is it well deserved....only time will tell

With AMD I would stay well away from the hype. As much as I would like Zen to live up to it all, going by recent launches the only place the AMD hype train leads to is disappointment.

Back
Top Bottom