What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
Mechanic Resurrection...I made it about 30mins in and that was pushing it, absolutely woefully completely terrible....just....terrible.

I think I felt a bit sick from watching it.

I thought alba was actually intentionally acting bad for the part, like it was meant to be obvious that she was hiding something etc. But no, she's literally just that bad of an actress lol.

I watched the accountant a few nights ago. I actually enjoyed it, dulls the disappointment I'm feeling over the new jack reacher film lol.

Associate
War Dogs: quite enjoyed it, amusing in places. Jonah Hill was decent, decent all round in fact. 7/10

The Nice Guys: Enjoyed this one. Some funny moments in it although Ryan Gosling does ham it up a bit in some parts but Russell Crowe and him do a good job. 8/10

Star Trek Beyond: Was pretty good, I quite like the reboots and this one was ok as well, some parts were a little OTT in their own way (kirk rescuing the crew - thought that segment was pretty weak) otherwise it wasn't bad. 7/10

Soldato
A nightmare on Elm street. 4/10

This was the first time watching this since I saw it originally when I was like 12 or something. I couldnt work out if it was supposed to be a comedy or a horror. I was intending to watch all the Freddy films, but not sure now, if this one is supposed to be the best the rest must be terrible.

Still in the mood for some old school horror so think I'll watch the Thing next. Hopefully thats as good as I remember it being..

Soldato

This was the first time watching this since I saw it originally when I was like 12 or something. I couldnt work out if it was supposed to be a comedy or a horror. I was intending to watch all the Freddy films, but not sure now, if this one is supposed to be the best the rest must be terrible.

Still in the mood for some old school horror so think I'll watch the Thing next. Hopefully thats as good as I remember it being..

It doesn't get much better than Carpenter's 'The Thing'.

Craven's Elm Street though has aged badly in my opinion. I loved that film as a teenager, but I caught it whist channel hopping about a month ago and my rose tinted glasses nearly fell off.

It is probably the best one as well, although I do like the 2nd one which is completely rogue in its storyline to the rest of the series.

Caporegime
Arrival - very disappointnig. Novelty wore off really quickly. Very slow build up and imo the twist was nothing special. It was well shot but over dramatic and pointless imo. Definitly not my cup of tea particularly if you are expecting the focus to be ET. 5/10

Watch "The Arrival" instead with Martin SHeen... I thought that was actually a decent sci-fli romp.

Associate
Mechanic Resurrection...I made it about 30mins in and that was pushing it, absolutely woefully completely terrible....just....terrible.

I think I felt a bit sick from watching it.

Oh dear, I planned to watch this on Friday night, might have to rethink my plans.

Soldato
OP
I watched Mechanic Resurrection last night. 4/10.

The weird thing is I remember the first one being a surprisingly decent film although its been a couple of years but this was dire. Its written like an 80's C movie with an awful script. Still few points for Jessica Alba in a bikini and some lovely scenery and shots that looked fantastic on my projector.

Caporegime
Contact - 8/10

I really enjoyed this. I had never seen it before and everyone told me I should if I liked Interstellar and they were right. Definitely recommended.

If I had to choose a flaw though it'd be that the characters were rather dull. For example, they had just discovered a message from another civilization and people are just casually asking 'oh... what does it mean then?' as if they hadn't just witnessed the greatest thing in all of history. Everyone just seemed so underwhelmed by it all.

The whole religion thing was stupid as well. Most of the world is religious, so let's nominate a Christian to go up there. I'm sure that'd go well with certain other religions... It should be none of them. Someone with an actual open mind should have the opportunity.

It certainly got me thinking though. Imagine if we really received a message like that. The thought of all the religious nuts going mental over it, either thinking it was God, or the apocalypse or something equally as ridiculous. I felt myself getting annoyed during the film (especially at the hard time Ellie was getting over being atheist), so I don't even want to think about it happening for real.

Soldato

Always prefered the 3rd one (Dream Warriors) although all of them were more of a comedy than horror to me.

Associate
Watched a few on a flight, in this order:

Life on the Road. I'm a sucker for the Office and this had many laugh out loud moments. 8/10

The Conjuring 2. Creepy, kind of well done, odd special effects. 6/10

Nice Guys. Gosling does humour, who'd have known. 7/10

Star Trek: Beyond. Dreadful 2/10

Soldato
Hell or High Water

Decent heist movie. Two brothers make a number of robberies in order to pay off a mortgage on their Texan Ranch. They have a clever trick for laundering their money which they hope will make it untraceable.

Back
Top Bottom