What Bean to Cup coffee machine?

Soldato
I'm torn between two at the moment DELONGHI - Magnifica S ECAM 22.320.SB or the Sage by Heston Blumenthal the Barista Express Coffee Machine and Grinder. There is about £150 difference between the two, it will be my first ever bean to coffee machine. Has anyone had either of these? Views/opinions on them?

Thanks

Caporegime
Not the exact model but I've got a Delonghi Magnifica which I've had since 2010 (I think, might have been 2011), it's been fantastic, though it's starting to get a bit problematic now (won't take grounds any more, not that I use them often, crack in both the drip tray and the coffee waste tray).

I'd definitely get another, assuming I can't keep this one going much longer!

Man of Honour
Sage Oracle is my choice here. Steams milk really well, grinder is ok, guts of the Sage Dual Boiler so it's actually a good espresso machine inside. It's pretty much idiot proof too.

Ain't cheap though.

Associate
I have a Delonghi Magnifica, same as Paradigm has in post 3. I have had it 2 years and use it a few times a day. It is a great bean to cup coffee machine and has been trouble free so far. I do give it a good clean every couple of weeks and i don't use the steam wand at all any more as i have a milk frother/warmer jug which makes perfect milk for lattés and is quicker, less hassle and silent for those early morning fixes. I would certainly recommend the delonghi.

Soldato
Another vote for a Delonghi Magnifica, I got a stunning bargain on mine and use it daily - often lots of time per day and its one of those purchases that it it failed I would go and buy another without thinking about it!

Back
Top Bottom